RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, December 15, 2008

CHRISTMAS....THIS AND THAT

WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEK FULL OF
"HIS GOODNESS AND JOY!"
I MADE A BATCH OF "MAMAS FOLD OVER
DOUGH AND MADE 3 KINDS OF COOKIES.
TWO OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS AT
CHRISTMAS TIME FOR RECIPES....
THE BEAUTIFUL ANGEL ATOP ONE OF
MY TREES.............
A RED BERRY ORNAMENT ..........
I LOVE WHEN THE LIGHTS CAPTURE A
ORNAMENT AND MAKE IT SHINE.........
ORNAMENTS ARE SO FUN AND REMIND
US OF SPECIAL TIMES..........
THESE LITTLE MITTENS REMIND ME OF
ALL THE LITTLE CHILDREN AT CHRISTMAS!

I pray you have been having a wonderful holiday! My daughter asked if I would make another batch of "fold over cookies" for a friend of hers. So I did and this time I was able to take
the same dough and make "thumbprint cookies with almond filling; "a cut out cookie with frosting and sprinkles ( her hubbys favorite); and my fold over cookies. I was so glad to get so many different kinds in one batch.

Our Sunday School class were going to hear the "Symphony Orchestra" Christmas concert for an activity. We were not going to go when our good friends called and said "they had tickets and were not going to be able to use them would we want them" My husband said yes and made room in his crowded schedule for us to go. Oh it was so beautiful and festive and a wonderful time with my husband and some friends.

We then spent time watching our little granddaughter so that her daddy and mommy could work on a wedding they were in and prepare for our churchs Christmas program Sunday evening. Grandpa and grandma took little sweetest girl out to breakfast that morning and had such a nice day being with her.

Our churchs Christmas program was sooo beautiful as well with our orchestra playing and the choir ; and the special groups that sang as well! They worked so hard and everything was uplifting and joyful and honoring to our Lord!

We have cold cold icy winds coming in around us this week but I am planning a wonderful week.....

5 comments:

JeanMac said...

Sounds like your Christmas Season is wonderful.I'll wish you a Merry Christmas now - just in case:)

Rebekah Tastet said...

I am sorry I have not had time to read your blog lately...we don't have internet at our house and it is hard to get somewhere to check it with the kiddos! I miss reading your blog every day! Next time...I am going to catch up and read them all! I am thinking about you all in IN! Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Musser...
Since I haven't seen anyone in church do to Zane's chicken pox I decided to say hello on here! (Zane is pretty much cleared up now btw.)
Just looking at your pictures reminds me of the days when you would make cookies for the college girls and bring them to church...sigh..I was always thankful when there was an extra bag for me:O)
If I don't see you before the Christmas Holiday I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful time together! I hope you have a safe and pleasant visit in Indy...and thanks more than I can say for all you and Mr. M have done these days...you both DESERVE a medal!
Lots of love,
Sarah

Susan B said...

Dear Nancy,
You sound like you are having a wonderful Christmas season so far. I love to read your blog...you are so encouraging, and uplifting. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts (and your lovely pictures!)

Rebekah Tastet said...

Rachel said the Christmas program was wonderful!