RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, August 31, 2009

ADDING "FALL TOUCHES" TO MY FRONT PORCH...

THIS WEEK THE WEATHER HAD TURNED "COOL" SO I PULLED OUT MY "FALL DECORATIONS" BOX AND BEGAN TO ADD A FEW TOUCHES TO MY FRONT PORCH.............. I HAD THE SAME PILLOWS FROM SUMMER BUT TOOK A PIECE OF SCRAP "ORANGE FABRIC" FROM LAST FALL AND SEWED UP THE PILLOWS....I ALSO ADDED SOME CUTE RIBBON ( MY SISTER GAVE ME) THAT SAYS "POTTERY BARN" ON IT....NOTICE THE MUMS MY HUBBY BOUGHT FOR ME.... A BIT OF GARLAND; SOME WOODEN APPLES ADD TOUCHES OF AUTUMN............
AN OLDER WREATH TURNED "NEW" WITH A FEW ADDED BERRIES; RIBBON...... I HAVE USED THIS "TIN" FOR SEVERAL SEASONS I JUST CHANGE THE BERRIES OR FLOWERS...
I BUNCHED ALL MY "SUMMER FLOWERS" TOGETHER AND MADE THIS SWEET LITTLE GARDEN TO ENJOY NEAR THE "FRONT PORCH"...........

I HOPE YOUR ENJOYING THE BEGINNINGS OF "FALL" I WILL BE TAKING THE
NEXT FEW DAYS HELPING OUT CELEBRATING MY "MOMS" 90TH BIRTHDAY
PARTY
!....................QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP............

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
  • 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.


5 comments:

Susan B said...

Your decorations are so pretty. I love how the pillows came out, and the mums are beautiful. Thank you for the soup recipe.

I hope your mother enjoys her birthday party. Happy 90th Birthday to her!! How exciting! Enjoy time with your family.

JeanMac said...

Beautiful!

Rebekah Tastet said...

Happy Birthday to your dear mom! Love your porch!

Diana Ferguson said...

Enjoyed the "fall" touches. We were so ready for it.

Stop in for a piece of cake with me.

Paula said...

I have to admit that I am a wee bit jealous of your fall weather. It was 92 degrees here today. I'm going to get out my fall decorations anyway! :)