RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, August 1, 2009

ORDINARY DAYS............

Friday I went and got a fresh new haircut! I loved it and
so did my hubby. It always feels so good to have my
hair trimmed and easy to style.
. But...........as I was sitting in the chair
my beautician asked me this question....SO WHAT
WILL YOU BE DOING SPECIAL TONIGHT????


Its funny because I have been asked that question many
a time as I was having my hair done. I felt as if the answer
I was to tell would have to be one of great importance
and exciting...........But...........I just said " I am going home
to make dinner!" " Oh she replied and went on to cutting.

I began to listen to women along side of me chat on and on
about vacations; their husbands; or anything they could
dream up. .....

I had to STOP and think..........WHAT IS WRONG WITH ..
just ordinary days..............

I am thankful when I wake; get up; make coffee; set out two
cups for my husband and my coffee. We then meet in our
front room or the porch and then sip our coffee and chat
for a moment. Breakfast is made; cleaned up; time in my
Bible; my hubby leaves for work; then beds are to be made;
clothes put in the washer; exercise; shower; tidy the house;
water the flowers; tend to the garden; lay dinner items out;
make lunch; tend to things that come up; make supper; clean
up supper; straighten the house; read and get ready for bed.

To some that may sound soooo boring......... The same routine
to an ordinary day..............

But.........I LOVE IT!!!.......Now no day is perfect around here
but the day to day rituals of life are part of Gods balance.

There are days when we have to go places; meet others; enjoy
time with our family or a friend but I love the
ORDINARY DAYS..............

Days when I can see the sun rise; when I hear the birds sing;
Days when I smell the coffee brewing ; days when I hear the washer swishing back and forth;
days when the sheets are flipping in the warm windy skies
Days of little crayons and papers lying on the table where my granddaughter
just finished drawing her grandma a beautiful pictures; days of white
fluffy clouds; days of dishes washed and cleaned; days of laughter
and squeals of little children; ...................ORDINARY DAYS

given...............BY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kimallen said...

sounds wonderful.. I was wondering if you had a receipe for diabetic zucchini bread.. I am wanting to make some loaves for some elderly people in our church that are diabetic.. thought you may have an idea.

Nancy M. said...

Hi Kim,
I will look it up in one of my diabetic cookbooks. Sounds good and also very sweet for you to think of them! My guess would be to sub the sugar for Splenda and baking mini loaves so they would only eat small amounts. But...I will check.-nancy

Susan B said...

I so agree with you. I love ordinary days...they are the best!! I love the routine of being at home, and just enjoying whatever I have planned for the day. Other days are good too, when I have to go somewhere. But I think ordinary days are the best! Thank you for sharing. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jessica said...

I wholeheartedly agree...I find comfort and peace in ordinary days.

...May your life be filled with many "Ordinary Days." :0

Rebekah Tastet said...

I love ordinary days too! Well, as ordinary as they get with a 1, 3 and 6 yr. old! LOL!

~~Deby said...

I love them too....each one a gift...we think we are going to be here forever...life is so short...so a big Praise the Lord for every days...especially the ordainary days..
Deby