RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, August 31, 2009

HOUSEWORK AGAIN?????

I HAVE A SMALL COLLECTION OF APRONS! I REALLY ENJOY THE VINTAGE ONES FROM THE 1940'S... *** If you enjoy Aprons be sure to see "Journal for Woman" on my sidebar..... and the beautiful aprons she made.........

I CAN FIND VINTAGE APRONS FOR AROUND $1 AND THEY ARE FUN TO COOK IN WITH YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN..............


This morning after I had coffee; breakfast; my time with my Bible; and my walk I walked in my bedroom to once again make my bed..........Ladies have been doing this routine for years and years. I remember my mom making up the beds so neat and tidy in our home and there was nothing like getting into a fresh made made with clean tight sheets for a good nights sleep.............
But..........I am afraid now a days we see "housework" as a burden never ending........ Its the beds to be made; the clothes to be hung up; laundry to be done; ironing (some have given this up for good ha); sinks to be scoured; toilets to be freshened; wastecans to be emptied; brooms to sweep; mops to swiffer; and its never ending.........

I know that the Lord has given me this home to care His best for and for that reason alone I want to do my best. But I have to say I do enjoy cleaning up and being satisfied with the job well done afterward. Not to mention my husband also enjoys a clean home to live in and our children growing up mentioned to me later that it was important to them as well.
I remember visiting a beautiful "bed and breakfast" with my hubby one night. As we walked into that room the room glistened!! The bed was beautifully made up and the sheets clean and fresh. The bathroom sparkled! In fact, there were even nice little chocolates on the pillows. Anything to make us feel extra special!!!
If I had walked into that room with unattractive odors; stains on the carpets or bedding; dirty anything in the bathroom.... I guarantee we wouldn't be there too long without a comment. If the word HOUSEWORK leaves you with a bad feeling then maybe its time to take inventory of our hearts and our things God has put us in charge of.......... I know some ladies who just are not physically able to care for everything in their homes;
or they dont know how to clean; or they just work long hours and its too much for them.... for those I say: SIMPLIFY............

1. If you are in need of help look to hire someone. If money is tight maybe a young teenage girl for a time or two to help catch up..........

.
2. If you do not know how to clean; go to the library and check out some books . There are many on this subject. You may also have to swallow your pride and ask someone who could help.

3. SIMPLIFY............. You have heard it a million times but throw out clutter; give things away and live with less around you. It is simple but works. A bed with a sheet; top sheet; comforter can be easier to make that too many fussy things if that works for you.

4 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm looking forward to a day at home "working" today. I pray that you enjoy a great week.

Trish said...

Nancy, your blog looks SO pretty!!! What a great post -- Number 3 was the one for me -- I always had trouble keeping my house in order, until I learned to get rid of stuff -- it's so much easier to maintain with less! Still have a ways to go, but at least it's heading in the right direction :-)

Have a wonderful day!

Rebekah Tastet said...

It is true. Housework is never ending with three little ones but it is worth it to keep up with it! :)

Susan B said...

I love my home, and love when it is clean and tidy...though I have to admit sometimes my attitude isn't always the best when it comes to cleaning. I usually try to think about how I feel when all the cleaning is done, and to thank God for my home. I don't have any aprons. I need to see if I can find some to buy. A lovely post, thank you.