There always seems to be an occasion to care for others. Just this week alone I know of many.
It may be an ill at home person; a death of a loved one; lonely one; or the birth of a new baby.
My sister Barbara called me this morning and said she was on her way to a lady's house who had just had her 8th little sweet baby. She was taking a dinner to her and her family. I told her that she was sooo nice! She said, "She remembers last year when we lost our dad ( March18) and how so many brought us food to her home and she was giving back. I thought that was a great thing to do.
When I asked her what she made she told me her "chicken and noodles" that she is so famous for giving. She also took many other items such as garlic bread sticks (all buttered and ready to go); apple slices for the children; salads; and a nice gift for baby and the mother. Wow!
I know my sister has a lot going on. She had a husband just getting over the flu; my mom who is living with her now; getting ready for a trip she and her husband are leaving on Friday and more. Yet, in the mist of her life.............she remembered someone else.
I had a busy week coming up this week also but it inspired me to stop; make a list of all those
that I needed to think of this week and sat down and made my "notecards" and sent those out.
We cannot always meet every ones needs but we can "Brighten the Corner Where We Are".
Barbara' Chicken and Noodles
1 rotisserie chicken * already cooked
3 cans cream of chicken soup
1 package of Reeme's frozen noodles * I use no-yolk for lower fat content
- Put chicken in crockpot Set on low all day or high 3-4 hours
- When ready; take chicken out and de-bone
- Boil noodles on the side in large pot then drain
- Add cooked chicken; soups; and noodles back to go.
Add sides of your choice

1 comment:
It is so cold here. I feel God calling me to this recipe tonight. -Marcy
Post a Comment