RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, March 7, 2008

HOLIDAYS...................EASTER

HOLIDAYS....................EASTER TABLES



This is such a fun time of year to celebrate! The changing of seasons and the promise of new things to come! The celebration of Easter is a special Springtime event for young and old.

I remember as a young girl mom buying a large carton of pure white eggs and Easter Dye at the grocery store. Then she would take a pencil and paper and write down the Easter Menu to purchase and then made for this special day. I remember my sister Barbara and I getting a new little dress; socks; white gloves and a hat to be worn on Easter Sunday morning. And mom would get baskets and "grass" that would be filled and hidden later for a treat to have later on Easter Day! But............the dinner; consisting of sliced honey ham; fluffy mashed potatoes; baked beans; hot rolls; sweet butter; and fresh strawberry shortcakes. It was the family moment where we would enjoy our time together!



Your table can be a simple card table covered with a cloth and then decorated. But you can set a nice holiday table and make it a memory for your family.



Here are some ideas for a nice Easter table:


  1. A nice tablecloth in cream or Spring colors ( can use a nice sheet)

  2. A centerpiece * Be creative use a small tree branch ; add some moss, little nest and a couple of little birds or use a nice vase of flowering dogwood

  3. Use candles * either tall or tealights sitting along the table

  4. Use your best dishes; creamer; silverware * If casual use pretty bright paperware

  5. Make namecards for everyone *have children help with this

  6. Use a little basket filled with grass and put colored plastic eggs * My mom would put our ones we had colored into the basket and we would hide them later

  7. Use nice napkins *cloth is nice and you can wash them easily or nice paper

  8. Have nice music in the background *keep a peaceful atmosphere

  9. Dont be too harsh and enjoy everyone and let everyone help in the kitchen jobs

  10. Wear a pretty apron * I like aprons

This is a special holiday to celebrate the "Lord" and new beginnings. Celebrate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like wonderful suggestions. -Marcy

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I love Easter! I'm looking forward to having my family over. I always make little Easter baskets and put them as favors on their plates!

Nancy M. said...

Julie,
I love that idea about the baskets.
love, nancy