MY SISTER PHYLLIS AND HER HUSBAND JAYMy sister Phyllis is a "Bridal Consultant" in Richmond, Virgina at a beautiful salon called "Bella Rosa". She has been there many years and helped many brides to have a beautiful and sweet wedding! When I thought of writing about "others" today I could not help think of how she "goes the extra miles" with her brides. The bridal salon hosts many contour lines and is exceptional in itself! But when that bride enters the store.........my sister enters that brides life!
She asks what they are looking for and then takes them to a room to try on. If the bride has any family she immediately includes them in the decision making of this special time in their life.
She gets several dresses for them to try on. She then seats the mother; grandparents or daddy's outside of the room and has the bride to model and takes pictures if possible. She listens and gets any accessories; veils; jackets; or other items needed. She also helps mother-of-the brides; bridesmaids; and others in the wedding party. But ...........she does not stop there. When they leave whether or not they purchase a dress that day; she writes to them and follows up.
When the bride returns she cares for that bride and her extended family. She has pictures of special moments with family. She makes this special day of the bride her purpose for them!
She has had many a bride send her a thank you; send her a picture; give her small tokens of thanks with a gift or beam with joy!
When my daughter and I went looking for that "special dress" I can say we were both so excited! This was a "big" moment in our family. The ladies that helped us were kind but nothing like my sister has done for others. She makes her job not only a job but a "purpose in her life".
Here are some things I have learned about going the "extra Mile" for others:
- If you are looking to help someone learn to follow-up or drop a note. * I know friends that have been that to me and I am thankful for it.
- If you cant seem to remember all those that are in need have a place to write down those you need to write too; take a meal to; pray for * I easily forget things so I have to write it down.
- Get organized and schedule your days and time. * Sounds crazy but I know of smart ladies that have one day a week to "do for others" or " send correspondence.
- Keep things on hand such as note cards; box cake mix; or even cash for others.
What are so ways you "go the extra mile'?

3 comments:
I love that picture of Becky from her wedding. -Marcy
Mom, Your crazy, You are consistently leaving me comments that are 3 sentences long. Do you feel sorry for me? HA HA. I love you, your the best.
Love your SON
What a beautiful wedding picture of Becky and her husband!
Post a Comment