THOUGHTS......"THE GOOD LIFE"
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it".
This a picture of my wonderful mother-in-law Sandy; my niece Kalin (left) and my granddaughter Ella Joy(right). This weekend I had the opportunity to go to a wonderful ladies conference hosted by Mrs. Julie Fink and Grace Baptist Church of Lockport, Illinois. It was held at a beautiful country club. I felt very special the moment I arrived. Our car was valet parked; sweet ladies greeted us at the door and led us to a beautiful table covered in white linen tablecloth. There was coffee; juice; and tea to drink. There was long white covered tables filled with beautiful fruit trays of strawberries; grapes and other assorted fruits. There was also mini-muffins and pastries as well.
The hostesses for the conferences made sure we had all we needed. The music was wonderful and the testimonies of plain everyday ladies and their lives were heart touching. The speakers Mrs. Julie Fink; Mrs. Robin Ogle; and Pastor David Fink gave great truths to learn from.
The main theme was called "The Good Life". After leaving for the day; I left knowing how much God has given me "the good life". There were so many good lessons taught throughout the day.
Here are a few of the lessons learned:
- The only thing that can really fill your heart is Christ.
- If you are living in the valley ; learn from it and know it is also good for you.
- Look at the lives of Naomi and Ruth. You can either be bitter or better.
- You can choose to rejoice; be thankful; or happy or become bitter.
- Gods ways do not always equal what my ways are. Pray about it and then know its from God.
- Our appetites make you want what you think you should have. Enjoy what you have and where you are. Make the most of where you are !
This is only a small portion of what was taught . As I was traveling home my friend Laurie and I saw 8 deer standing along side the road. We both were so excited and I yelled out that God loved us so much! As I look at the picture above I see my "part of the circle" of my life.
Family that has stood the test of time. Love that has endured. Happiness that abounds.
What is your "good life"? Have you had mountains and valleys? What choices have you made?
"This is the day which the Lord hath made: we will rejoice and be glad in it"
6 comments:
I'm so happy that you enjoyed a wonderful Saturday. It sounded like a refreshing day for you.
-Marcy
It was so good to see you on Saturday! I'm so thankful the conference encouraged you.
Missed being with you Saturday. Glad you had a great time!
What a great post Nancy! I enjoyed reading about the conference.
Blessings to you! : )
So great to see you on Saturday! The conference was so encouraging, and I'm glad it was a blessing to you. P.S. I LOVE the harp music on your blog!
Hi Nancy, tell Danny hello for me.
Later
Brother-in-law Mark
Post a Comment