RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, March 21, 2008

HOLIDAYS..............EASTER DECORATING

HOLIDAYS...................SPRING AND EASTER DECORATING



Its is almost Easter time. If you do not have "decorations" up but you plan to have a celebration you can add a few changes to celebrate this day as well as Spring!




This year most of my family will be gone on Easter day. My married son and his wife will be celebrating in their new home and area. My married daughter and her husband will celebrate with his family. This leaves my husband and my youngest daughter and I to celebrate on our own. But.............. I have had holiday decorations up for weeks and set my table to celebrate whenever they have come to eat.




We usually go to our extended family for a beautiful dinner or I have made a nice traditional dinner myself. But this year the three of us will go to church and come home to our own Easter dinner or we will go out my husband has said! Great!




Holiday celebrating is about joy and bringing joy to our homes. I have pink Easter grass in a large tray on the kitchen table with colored eggs in the basket. We have enjoyed our breakfast there many times.




After Easter holiday is over, I will continue to bring out my Spring colors to fill the house with sunshine! April showers will be bringing May flowers and I have plans for gardens and outdoor decorating! You say, oh no she is decorating outdoors now.....Yes for our homes extend to our yards when the weather grows warmer.




Here are a few more small ideas for your Easter holidays:






  1. If you have not planned your special dinner; write it down and plan it today. Buy flowers for the table; or use pretty candles or your best dishes.


  2. If going to others homes for the holiday; take a dish or help with clean up for the day.


  3. Do something for someone else who might be lonely for Easter


  4. If you don't have time to make the fancy desert buy "cupcakes" . They have so many pretty fun colors and each person can have their own little cake.


  5. Make your dinner simple but a celebration.


  6. Buy a loved one a basket filled with goodies !


  7. Bring sunshine into your home.


  8. Don't try to make the perfect home but have fun!


  9. If you do not have family; you or your family is sick with the flu.......... Adapt and eat what you can and make it a celebration. * Tea and toast with a warm blanket! ha


  10. Give yourself a week to take it all down; put away then have a "clean slate to celebrate the next holiday.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the snow would stop, it would feel more like Spring. I think I'll have to wear boots & a blanket on Sunday. -Marcy

Nancy M. said...

You are so funny! I saw a robin in the midst of the snow this morning!

Kelli said...

Have a wonderful Easter with your family, Nancy!
Hugs,
Kelli