RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, March 31, 2008

THOUGHTS............"GOD LOVES ME"




A BLUE HERON SITTING ALONG A POND


A BLUE HERON SITS ALONG THE SIDE OF A POND


I happened upon one of these "large birds" on day in the middle of Spring. I had Never seen a bird as big as this funny looking bird. As it flew away up in a tree I could not believe its massive wing span and the beauty of this creature.

Then I heard my Pastor speak one day on one of the ways God showed him that he loved him and that was by finding a penny on the ground. I thought to myself and wondered ways God showed me that He loved me. It had been a busy year in my life and their were many ways that God had blessed and cared for me.

But then that funny looking bird came back into my mind. I guess I liked that funny bird.
He was not fancy; nor stately like an eagle. He was not like a beautiful bluebird who's color vividly shown through the air. He was tall; awkward; had a long nose; and walked on long legs
slowly by the pond. But I liked it! It was different! It was tall, had stature; and had this beautiful long neck as it floated about in the water!

There it was! My blue heron! One of the ways God showed me he loved me! From then on;
I would look and look in all ponds I would pass for a "heron". I would slow down the car as I was driving somewhere just in case "a heron " would be hiding in the brush! Then my family became involved looking for my "heron" . They would shout "MOM" . There it is!! I then would look and jump with joy ( as much as I could while driving) . Was I nuts? Ok I guess I was and am still !
I love that God loves me enough to show me that he loves me in so many special ways . I also love that he send "blue and white herons" to encourage me and show me he loves me.

There are so many ways that God can show His love towards us. I pray this day that He shows you that He loves you!

3 comments:

Nancy M. said...

This is a test on my new comment form.

Becky said...

I love helping you find your blue herons! God loves me by flowers in unusual places.

Kelli said...

Beautiful post and pictures! I love Great Blue Herons.
Hugs,
Kelli