My granddaughter and I sometimes sing; " I got the joy, joy , joy , joy down in my heart";
Where? down in my heart, Where? down in my heart................ I love to sing that with her and I love to see her sweet happy face when we sing! She loves to sing and laugh and giggle.
Her daddy and mommy have a nice Bible reading CD that plays all the time in her room; even when she sleeps. I believe this gives her peace!
I know there are many days and years that we do not see JOY! But we can have joy and look for joy! I am crazy I guess because I seek joy ( I am selfish) anywhere I can. Last Saturday afternoon as I was coming home from a ladies conference; I saw this whole "herd" ( not flock) as my friend Laurie laughed and corrected me of deer. They were so beautiful and that brought me joy. Sometimes sitting in my daughters rocking chair ; rocking my granddaughter in the stillness of the day can bring joy!
What if you live in the city; and out your window is graffiti and a broken fence and trash . What if you lie on your back in a hospital waiting for the next test to come? What if you alone have to raise the children; work 2 jobs and have nothing extra anything for yourself? Where do you find joy?
I have seen each of these circumstances. I have seen beauty in the "eye of the beholder". I have seen joy! The city lady takes beautiful photos of her and her family on a farm nearby and they are breathtaking! I watched my dad crack jokes and we as a family stood nearby his bed all laughing and laughing! The lady who works puts the Lord first and becomes the best parent she can be and looks beautiful.
Here are a few things I have learned about how to have joy:
Her daddy and mommy have a nice Bible reading CD that plays all the time in her room; even when she sleeps. I believe this gives her peace!
I know there are many days and years that we do not see JOY! But we can have joy and look for joy! I am crazy I guess because I seek joy ( I am selfish) anywhere I can. Last Saturday afternoon as I was coming home from a ladies conference; I saw this whole "herd" ( not flock) as my friend Laurie laughed and corrected me of deer. They were so beautiful and that brought me joy. Sometimes sitting in my daughters rocking chair ; rocking my granddaughter in the stillness of the day can bring joy!
What if you live in the city; and out your window is graffiti and a broken fence and trash . What if you lie on your back in a hospital waiting for the next test to come? What if you alone have to raise the children; work 2 jobs and have nothing extra anything for yourself? Where do you find joy?
I have seen each of these circumstances. I have seen beauty in the "eye of the beholder". I have seen joy! The city lady takes beautiful photos of her and her family on a farm nearby and they are breathtaking! I watched my dad crack jokes and we as a family stood nearby his bed all laughing and laughing! The lady who works puts the Lord first and becomes the best parent she can be and looks beautiful.
Here are a few things I have learned about how to have joy:
- Take your burden to the Lord and then put your mind on others.
- Look for the smallest most simple things that can bring joy. (example: sunshine)
- Be thankful (for warm water; a home ect...)
- Use your eye as a camera and learn to focus on one thing.
- Keep positive things coming in your mind .
Help God spread joy.....
Joy Joy Joy Joy...............Where?..........Down in my heart!
3 comments:
Good suggestions Nancy! Thanks for sharing them.
Excellent post, Nancy! Your granddaughter is so cute!
~Kelli
I'm sure Ella will have much "Joy" in life with you as her grandma. -Marcy
Post a Comment