RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, March 24, 2008

DOING FOR OTHERS........ WHEN "IT DOESNT SEEM FAIR"

DOING FOR OTHERS.........WHEN "IT DOESN'T SEEM FAIR"
SWEET CHILDREN






LUXURY



A SPOUSE

I can go along with my life having a wonderful husband; chidren; a
grandchild; and a nice home and I can be thankful. But for some, it can be dishearting and "life doesnt seem fair".


They may have lost their spouse, lost their home; lost their health; or have had a great desire for a child but it has never availed itself.




What do you do? Well, I do know some really great ladies that have these set of circumstances in their lives and I thought I would share what they seem to have done. I have a freind who wishes she and her husband could have a chlid so much but for now they have decided to love on other children. They have "spoiled" my little granddaughter with some really pretty clothes for her to wear. "They care for her in spite of their own circumstances.




I know of several ladies who have lost their spouses. It must be so very hard. But ....these ladies again look out of their circumstances and spend their time caring for others by way of a meal; babysitting; or visiting with those who are ill.




I know of health concerns; or those of whos home might not be as big as others. But... once again, they dont look at their circumstances but take what they have and bake; take food to a funeral; have others in their home and keep it clean and neat and make the best of what they have.




We really do not have any good excuse to not care about others. We just need to pray and ask God to help you "brighten the corner of where you are".




Here are a few ideas that others have taught me:




1. Take time to grieve about your own circumstances and heal ; then get up and get going.


2. Keep a list of those "in your corner"


3. By looking for others you can keep your mind off yourself.


4. Look at your life and your purpose. For instance; "no children" - help in other areas or help someone else in need with a child.


5. Take someone to lunch if you do not bake *They will love it"


6. Do not look to have what someone else has. Look to where you are and be content and bloom!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now, I am taking care of my husband. He is sick with the flu.

Its hard because there is many things to do; however, I have to keep my chin up and do it all.

Bethany McCraney of Double Springs, Alabama

Nancy M. said...

Good for you! I pray he is feeling better soon!

Mishel said...

Another great post Nancy! I really liked #3...so true!

Blessings to you!