
PERSONAL CARE........"FINDING WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT"
So many times in my life I have looked a someones talent and thought to myself; that I wish I could do that. I started in high school where I took "sewing" for 2 years. I told my girls I think I was awarded the "golden seam ripper award"! ha But I tried and have done my share of small childhood dresses and buttons and hems! But that was not my "gift" as they say.
My daughter-in-law can sing and play a beautful piano and I love to listen . It thrills my heart. But I cannot do as such. Others I know; can sew beautifully; bakes fancy cakes; paint and do artwork skillfully; and many other such gifts.
I finally settled in at what I do best. I know this may sound contrite but I love to cook; sometimes bake; encourage other ladies to do their best; write; read; decorate; be frugal and live simply. I have taken this year to exercise my body and my brain more and learn new things.
This is a challenge for me and helps me to be better for myself and others.
I do not know what you are good at. You just have to look what you enjoy. Here are a few tips in finding your gifts!
1. What do you love? Is it home; children; others; singles.
2. Its never to late to learn something new
3. Use what you do best in your life.
4. If you do not know your "strengths" ask a friend
5. If you come across something that requires research get busy and work at it!
6. Quit saying " Oh I cant lose weight; learn to be kind; love...."
Ask God to use your "gifts" for Him. Dont look to be anyone else because He made You special for Him!
2. Its never to late to learn something new
3. Use what you do best in your life.
4. If you do not know your "strengths" ask a friend
5. If you come across something that requires research get busy and work at it!
6. Quit saying " Oh I cant lose weight; learn to be kind; love...."
Ask God to use your "gifts" for Him. Dont look to be anyone else because He made You special for Him!
2 comments:
You are also a gracious hostess and welcome so many into your home. -Marcy
I've been learning spanish! Not from books but from people which allows me to share you-know-Who with them as well :)
Have you met my friend Mary Isabella? http://daisybouquet.blogspot.com
Post a Comment