RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, March 13, 2008

DECORATING FOR THE HOME............WITH THINGS YOU LOVE

MY 'BELIEVE SIGN' THAT ENCOURAGES
A LITTLE BUNNY TO SAY HELLO IN MY FOYER

A SMALL PART OF OLD BOOK COLLECTION
A BUNNY SITTING AMONG THEM
AN OLD PRINTING PRESS OF THE HYMN
"WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER"




PART OF A FUN SIGN IN THE BATHROOM


ANOTHER "OLD BUNNY" HIDING AMONG
THE ' BIRDHOUSES'


I really believe that you should decorate with things you love. Everyone has a different personality so thus you alone speak of your home. I have friends and family with all different ideas and so many are beautiful. If you are the type of person that does not even like the word decorating then think of what you like that makes you feel like home sweet home. My mother has always loved "blue and white" and things traditional. My one sister decorates very traditional classic of beautiful whites; tans; and browns. Another has deep rich traditional Wiliamburg blues and reds; while another has an Ethan Allen look with every nook and crannie filled with beautiful things she loves.
Some friends have themes such as Paris; English Country; Primitive Country; or the new robin egg blues and aquas. Some love flowers; some love simplicity; some love alot of little things while I love it all! I do have to say I love simple; English country with bits of homey touches.
Decorating can be fun! When I was a young bride I gathered pictures in magazines and thought and thought how I could get my "home" like this particular look. Now that I am "older" I find its more than that. Its what I love! And ...... I can find this anywhere. You can find big items such as sofas; chairs; and beds at places like JC Pennys or if you cannot afford that you can look for sales at other fine stores or even the thrift store can hold chairs slightly worn that you can fix up. You can find small chairs; desks; or even dressers at tag sales in the summer. Its the fun of taking something old and making it new and useful again!
If you do not know where to begin then begin with your life and what your needs are. Do you need a simple and clean home with your small children; or do you need a place where you would have to entertain? Use this as a stepping stone to a purchase. My daughter-in-law is very wise as she thinks and plans each piece she decorates with. She saves and even does without until she finds a good piece that she needs to purchase.
I find that whatever I use to decorate or add to my home the best thing I can remember is to keep it neat and clean. You can have a beautiful home but if there is clutter tossed all about the floors and counters it can loose its beauty.
What are some of the things you love to beautify you home?

A SMALL SIDE TABLE FILLED WITH SOME
OF MY FAVORITE THINGS





MY LITTLE KITCHEN TABLE DRESSED FOR
A BREAKFAST OF WARM OATMEAL







2 comments:

Mishel said...

I really enjoyed this post (and seeing all your pictures!) because I'm in the middle of trying to decorate our home. We've been undergoing a remodel for the past 3years and we are just finishing up. I thought when we started, that I would just use all the same things I had...but now it's 3 years later and we need a change. Obviously I'm using some of the things we already had, but we are going with a totally different color scheme. It's fun, but it can be a little stressful for me because it's not something that comes naturally to me. : )

Anonymous said...

Once again, you & Becky are so creative in your decorating! I am learning to put delicate things away when my 4 nieces & nephews(all under the age of 6)come for a visit -Marcy