What a sweet week I had celebrating my "moms 90th birthday"...........I have had
trouble loading pictures all morning on blogger so I thought I would write a little note
on the days events and share pictures later............
I talked with my mom this morning by phone and she said this to me about the "party".
"Honey, words cannot just cannot express how wonderful that was to me" I am just so thankful..."!
Isnt that all we want from others when we celebrate and show our love to them??
I am so glad she felt loved and cared for.........My sisters and brother and his family; my niece
and others all pitched in to cook; clean; organize; decorate; make breakfast; make lunches; make
suppers; all laughing soooo very hard; tears filling our eyes in precious times; hugs so tight
we wished we could take their hearts and knit them with ours; families.........all living apart coming together to "bless her name".............
As I went on my walk this morning I passed this one home that sits upon a "hill". In the little bushes of flowers there sits a "cherub" among the foliage. I noticed day after day as I would walk by this little "cherub" had its head knocked off sitting beside it. I would just look at that little
"cherub" each day and say to myself ." I wish someone would fix that little "angel".......
As each week passed this Spring then summer I would fix upon this little figure..........
Last week before I left " there were workers in that yard fixing the roof and throwing branches; ect down on the ground.........so much activity I walked into the street instead of the sidewalk.
As I walked by this morning I again looked for my little "cherub" and there she sat "all fixed"
with her head in place.............Isnt it funny how God shows us things in the sweetest ways........
As my mom worked all her life as a wife; mother and now a widow of 90 her life was busy
.Then as life goes on..........we have changes; and our heads may go aray............even I in lifes
day to day business flutter along...........But Jesus is always there to put us on straight again;
to make us whole;to put us together again and strenghten us..............I am so thankful for this
last week and for His day to day strength He gives.......
1 comment:
Bless your dear mom!
Post a Comment