GIVEN TO HOSPITALITY...........
I found this sweet little book a few weeks ago at my local thrift shop on Hospitality....It was chocked full of good ideas....but as I was reading along I thought to myself .......
"these are all nice ideas" but at this time in my life I dont always have an open home in which
to "invite" ladies over for nice lunches; coffee or treats........
Sometimes things will be really busy or food may be short.......BUT
Just then God reminded me.........(you are willing and I have chosen you many times to be
given to hospitality dont you remember?)...........I then thought a moment and looked through
His eyes and saw how God has had so many people come into my home on a weekly basis.
I almost laughed .........when I began to think about this . I thought of how I hear a knock at the door and.......... all of a sudden we have
extra guest for suppers; lunches; treats; visits; ladies mission circle group; showers; overnight guests and those just stopping for a moments time...........
You may think how can God use me to care about others?..............Be willing..........I remember
many a neighbor stopping by our house for my dad to fix something such as a lawn mower;
another small appliance; or for a taste of my dads famous fried chicken!..........They would
always be willing to be a neighbor who cares.
I also remember my mom always sending "treats" home with us or someone else to enjoy...
What are some simple ways we can be ready to receive those who come to our homes....
. Keep things simply clean and ready.
. Have an open heart.
. Have some cookies in a jar or in your freezer.
. Dont worry about being perfect or if you have a big enough or decorated enough or any other obstacle you may worry about....God knows if you have a willing heart and he will use it....
. Bake an apple crisp or purchase a pie and add whipped cream
. Send a guest home with a goodie...(I sent a young mother home with already baked cookies
for her to use and enjoy)
. Add more water to soup..........(as they say..) but you can stretch a meal to feed more
. Offer something cold to drink or warm hot chocolate.......
. If you have something scheduled........be discreet and let them know you care but you must
keep this commitment and send them along with a hug or a time you can make again.
. Have extra sheets and blankets kept aside for overnight. Keep a small basket of
toiletries in a closet for overnight guest to use...
. If you are having someone staying for a few days maybe a fresh bouquet of flowers
or a nice little basket of goodies can be placed in the room........
. If you are on the receiving end .....make sure you say Thank you or send a nice
note..............
No comments:
Post a Comment