RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, November 19, 2011

THANKSGIVING .....PREPARING MY HEART

RECIPE FOR PREPARING MY HEART.......

As I was reading in Proverbs 16 early this morning...I was
quickly reminded of my needed preparations of my heart for the coming holiday....

In Chapter 16: The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.

I then wrote these words on a blank page in my Bible.....

. Prepare my heart with prayer. Prayer for my words. Prayer for others. Prayer for His
path and His will on this holiday....
So often we think we have to "Control" everything....In that fact, we usually end up making
ourselves disappointed because it hasnt gone our way... Give it to Him and then let it go!

. Plan on right answers! Someone once taught me that... If you have an answer planned then
you wont let it slip the wrong way..........
Example: I cant believe you doing it this or that way............answer " no answer at all quiet"
or just smile.

. Watch your "stress"...............
Dont overdue. its hard during these days. But if you body is exhausted do not keep pushing.
STOP and take 5 minutes to relax. If you have too much going on "walk away" from it for
a few minutes and go drink a cold glass of tea or breath in the cool autumn air!

Try and take the "control" buttom and turn in on OFF. I know I have had trouble with this
one and it is basically fear that causes me to want to "control" everything and everyone.
Let it go .........and you and others will be thankful for it..........

Let worry about people; presents; dinner be what it is and worrying wont change it......it will
raise your blood pressure and make you miserable. I dont want to be unhappy I want JOY!

. Are your words from the fruit of the Spirit? Love, long suffering; gentleness; goodness; faith;
hope ......................THEN they probably dont need to be said.........

I realize as I write these Words I myself will be challenged. That is a good thing for me.

20:" He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good; and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he."

...........THIS IS A HOLIDAY OF JOY AND CHEER .............but it can also get to the best of us.
I pray as this holiday approaches I can remember these wise words and have a HAPPY HOLIDAY!


WHEREEVER YOU MAY BE CELEBRATING THESE NEXT FEW DAYS I PRAY FOR YOU
TO KNOW GOD LOVES YOU AND WANTS YOU TO ENJOY A BLESSED THANKSGIVING!

No comments: