This winter has been one of the mildest I can remember...........Even though I know winter is here with occasional snow days....Spring is in the air!A few weeks ago we had a nice day that the sun began to shine...the snow began to melt and
even at 35 to 40 degrees everyone thought Spring had come...........
So I began Spring Cleaning.......pulling out some Spring decorations...........placing away some winter items in boxes.........ONLY to pull out the warm sweaters and warm blankets again.........
My sister even reminded me I keep talking about Spring! Finally........I stopped and listened to myself............Was I not being content? Maybe I had even been complaining......? I love the change of seasons...but even I need to learn to WAIT ....on things.........
God sends His timing in things...sometimes it may be in an illness we have and the wait for
us to get better........sometimes its watching someone you love grow into a new level in their life..
sometimes it may be our weight and wanting so bad to loose 20 lbs in 2 weeks..........
So
I concluded..........I could HOPE............I could
anticipate..........I could PRAY........but I could wait and
see..........Oh how fun it is to see the budding of a tree......just a tiny little bud.........then the first flower...
then the bloom!!!.........The first Robin..........*I used to call my mom and we would be so excited over seeing the first Robin of Spring!.................
Anticipation of a bride and groom.........of a new baby coming........the start of of school.......the end of school and graduation.........
All........to come.........As I sit at my kitchen table I cant help but be thankful for all that has been
and all to come.............
and celebrations and bringing with it joy and encumbrance ahead................
There are times in our lives when we cant see the "Springtime" coming; we are clouded with
the heaviness of the cold dark days.........but God can always give us His sunshine and Springtime to come...........Here are a few ideas to bring Spring into our days.............
. Plant some paperwhite bulbs or purchase a beautiful pink ; white or lilac hyithics
. Bring our colors of Robin Egg Blue in pillows for your sofa; Lime Greens and Whites for your bathroom; touches of Spring yellows in your kitchen....
. I love the "change seasons" in my bedroom....find a comforter or duvet on sale or at a second hand store in Springtime colors;...such as Blue and White; Black and Whites; Lime Greens and Whites; Grays and clean blues.....So many ways....I love to bring a freshness to the room.
. Plan your garden...Maybe order seeds.
. Plan your canning or freezing for the garden and ways to save money.
. Plan outdoor activities with your family...such as kite flying; walks in the woods
. March....kites; springtime jackets...April...Easter...May ...Mothers Day
. Rid out of un needed clutter.....purchase a few totes and label these and organize what you have .
Springtime is Hope to come...I think God gave these seasons for us to know that New Beginnings are always around the corner in our lives....So enjoy the warm comfort of winter for a little while longer ..........because Spring is in the air...........
No comments:
Post a Comment