RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

THIS THANKSGIVNG...ITS NOT ALL ABOUT ME..

THIS THANKSGIVING............I WANT TO BE A BLESSING..............CUT OUT COOKIES RECIPE



As I was walking through the grocery this morning I looked down at my cart and all the good food in it. I was thankful I had gotten "bargains" as well as the means to help someone else today with what I had..........

I couldnt help but notice a lady who had a "few items" in her arms along with a baby in a stroller and counting what she had. I saw her later walking toward her home. I dont know or sure but maybe she was struggling like so many others to be able to purchase even the few needed items for her home....

I think this time of year even more than others ; people feel the "pinch" in their budget.
So many coming and going and buying and selling. It can be really hard on some. But...
whether it be a financial circumstance ; physical or emotional time for someone it is good to think on others...

We all cannot do everything but we can do ONE thing that God may have us to do.

Here are some easy ideas to help bring joy to this Thanksgiving Season.

. Bake a pie; some cookies; a pumpkin roll; or a dinner for someone to take.

. Give to your churchs food pantry.

. Give to the bell ringer in front of your grocery store and tell him/her thank you for standing
out in the rain and cold! Always smile even if you have nothing to give...

. Take a box of food to a family in need.....Make sure to be discreet...

. Take note on a missionary and their needs. Even though far away they need our love.

. Surprise someone and fill a need.

. Encourage someone by a note or words of love....

. Make a basket and fill it with special things........a cup; cocoa; marshmallows; gift card

. Have a God given talent. Use it for someone this season. The lady who did my nails the other day told me she does the "ladies shelter" for FREE. I thought that was kind.

. Take time to get out of your circle of friends once in a while and show an outsider some
encouragement..........."Look for someone who may be sitting alone at a party you may attend and invite her to sit with you.

. Offer to help an elderly one near you or at a nursing home.

Its very hard to find time during the holidays to STEP OUT and care about others but isnt that what the season is really about?

CUT OUT COOKIES..........MOMS EVERYTHING DOUGH...............
* SIDEBAR RECIPES...

No comments: