RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE....I AM BLESSED


THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE...I AM BLESSED



This is the last few days before Christmas....I was out for a few hours with my daughter when
I heard overhead " last minute shoppers come find this bargain or that"....or as I stood in a long return line a lady chatted with me that someone had been unkind to her in a parking space outside and said threatening and bad words towards her" ....we just laughed at the holiday spirit!
I too....began to get caught up in this "race" towards the holiday rush and began to feel abit guilty....like I had not prepared for this Big Day!........I STOPPED ........and LISTENED to
a quiet inside voice (God uses His Holy Spirit).......whisper..........Your done!

What ? I still had things to buy; the snow was coming; I needed to stop at the grocery......
But.............I was DONE! I had all I wanted for Christmas.........I had made a small list in November of items that I hoped to do for December.........Simple things like baking cookies with
my granddaughter; giving cookies or candies to others; laughing and eating good food with
those I love; shopping with family ; sending out some Christmas cards; Christmas music; Special gifts; doing for shut ins; doing for others; enjoying the snow; spending some sweet times with my husband;
spending time with God..........

It was DONE!.............I had everything I could want! I am so blessed. And every year it seems
to be the same.........The twinkle lights; the love of a family; the rocking of a little baby; a warm
cup of Starbucks Christmas in its red cup or a .99 cent coffee from the gas station........
Simple things..........
As I walked out to my car from the grocery.........the wind was howling and the snow was
coming down in sheets.........I pulled my scarf around my face and looked down at my feet to
not face the wind.........and IN FRONT OF ME was the legs of a young man taking my groceries to the car.......They stepped and pulled ; stepped and pulled ..........for you see this young man
had been hit by a car many years ago and had to learn to walk again........I admired this young
man and his kindness to me so many times when he would smile and care for my groceries.
He blessed my heart and God used him to do so..........THEN............

I heard "HARK THE HERALD ANGELS SING" .........SINGING LOUDLY through this icy wind....I could barely see with the wind and pellets of snow blowing but I could HEAR.......It was the bell ringer..!.......I dugg through my pocketbook (normally I only have the card to pay for my purchase but this time grabbed some money and took it back up to the
grocery for the bucket......FOR ME and my goodness ............OH NO..........I thanked him for his singing and walked back hearing God use this "VOICE" to touch my soul............
Christmas can mean so many things to everyone..........Sometimes its a hard time thinking about
others who are now gone; sometimes the burden of relationships are strained; sometimes the
physical body is weak ; and sometimes real LIFE is just hard..........BUT..........if you look really hard you can "HEAR " it..............or you can " SEE" it in the shadows of life..........

No comments: