RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, June 13, 2013

SATURDAY FUN

SATURDAY FUN.....BISCUITS AND GRAVY.....FARMERS MARKET....HAM AND BEANS

What a beautiful sunny Saturday it is here.....My hubby and I enjoyed early morning coffee on our porch with the songbirds singing to the top of their lungs......

With a busy day ahead so ...... I stopped and thanked God for such a wonderful beginning of all His glory...........then started in making Sausage Biscuits and gravy........(even though I have made homemade biscuits before )this was not the case this morning. I quickly took about a pound of
bulk sausage and placed in a skillet. I added a little flour here and there; some ice cold milk; and salt and pepper........Umm the house already started smelling heavenly. Then popped the biscuits onto a baking sheet and waited until they were lightly brown and ready.
My husband enjoyed the outdoors so we decided to enjoy breakfast outside. I took my pretty
yellow and white placemats ( I think I paid $1 for all four); set the table ; put out my homemade strawberry jam; hot coffee and it was ready........The birds played their songs for our background music..............

I redded up the dishes and pulled out the crockpot. In went the "ham chunk " I had put in the freezer from this weeks ham dinner. A bag of white northern beans ( I had soaked); a little onion ; salt and pepper.........On goes the lid and dinner will be ready tonight............

I then put the finishing touches on a pasta salad I needed to send to a bridal shower today. My older daughters will be attending and I am watching my sweet "grand".......Pasta Salad.....tri colored pasta; pepperoni; chunks of colby jack cheese; tomatoes; and italian dresssing. Yumm!

My husband and I will go to the Saturday Farmers Market where we can purchase some delicious veggies and maybe a loaf of homemade rye bread ( last time we loved this and I made the ends into croutons for salad and it was so good).............

A busy day but a good day. 


Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
1 lb Sausage (either bulk or in roll)
Flour
Milk
Salt and Pepper

1. Brown meat and then remove from pan. SAVE RENDERED FAT
2. Take 2 TB flour and stir in med high heat with a whisk in pan until all white gone.
3. Quickly add 1 cup milk....stir in ...then add 1 more cup. Cook on med high until begins to thicken.
4. This time measure out one cup of milk and add 2T flour in cup. WHISK in cup until flour dissolves. Add this to pan mixture. Cook on medium using a scraper or spoon to pull flour from the bottom of pan. cook until begins to thicken. About 5-7 min. 
** If looks too thin cook alittle longer or add about 1 TB flour mixed in milk.
5. Add in sausage ( this will also help thicken)

6. Serve over biscuits our hearty bread. May also add a side of eggs or potatoes. 

No comments: