RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, December 8, 2008

CHRISTMAS BAKING....THIS AND THAT

I STARTED OUT MAKING PEPPERMINT CANDY
IT TURNS OUT SO PRETTY AND GOOD TOO!
I USE WHITE CHOCOLATE; CANDY CANES AND RED
FOOD COLORING.............
I MADE DELICIOUS VANILLA CARMEL BISCOTTI
FROM THE "LADIES OF GRACE SITE" ..
I DECIDED TO CUT MINE AND DIP IN CHOCOLATE
THEY SMELLED SO GOOD IN THE HOUSE
MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
SIMPLY CALLED "MOMS FOLD OVER COOKIES
I SPRINKLE WITH POWDERED SUGAR
I PLACE THE FILLING INSIDE AND THEN
FOLD OVER AND CLOSE WITH A FORK
IT SURE MAKES ALOT OF COOKIES
OUR FAVORITE FILLING IS ALMOND
I USE ONE OF MY VINTAGE GLASSES TO
CUT OUT A CIRCLE...........
I FOUND ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS
AT THE THRIFT STORE THE OTHER
DAY .... THAT HOLDS "ANNIE HALLS"
BUTTER COOKIES IN WHICH I USE FOR
MY FOLD OVERS........

THE END TO A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!


It would be wonderful to say I spent the whole day baking away with Christmas lights
twinkling in the background but alas I did plan for baking!
I did make a plan on which cookies I would like to bake today. I wanted to get some done and sent to my son and daughter-in-law
before Christmas far away.....

But sometimes you just have to work things in and so I did. It took me most of the day; preparing; baking and cleaning up. There was the normal sheets that needed changed. The Monday household things to tend to. There was an errand that needed run and dinner that needed to be made; eaten; and cleaned up. But............as the day drew near to the end I sensed
a day of satisfaction in the work that paid off.

Christmas holidays can be a busy time. They may take a little more effort on our part but don't we always seem to find time for the things that are important to us?

I hope you are enjoying these days as the sun seems to go down earlier; and the air a crisp blue cold and the twinkle of the lights fill the air!

6 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I love your "Moms fold over cookies!" I want that recipe!

Anonymous said...

Please save me some fold over cookies. I remember eatting those at your old house. -Marcy

Paula said...

If I lived near you I would stop by uninvited:) for a sampling of your baked yummies!

Kimallen said...

These cookies look so yummy. What a great idea.. I think I will bake and send some cookies to my mom.. She would love it.

Susan B said...

You have been so busy! Thank you for sharing all your pictures, everything looks delicious.

Rebekah Tastet said...

You are a wonderful baker! I appreciate that!