RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FAITHFULNESS........... THE BRUNCH

IT BEGAN SNOWING AT MIDNIGHT AND FILLED THE AREA.............

I HAD MY CROCK FILLED WITH THE AROMAS OF APPLES; CINNAMON; CLOVES AND ORANGES..
THE TABLES WERE SET...AND I HAD THE HASH BROWN CASSEROLE AND HAM BISCUITS WARMING IN THE OVEN............. THE CANDLES TOOK ON A GLOW AMIDST THE DARK SNOWY SKY'S........ WOULD ANYONE MAKE IT?....THE DOORBELL RANG AND FOOD FILLED THE TABLES

I awoke at 5:15 am. As I looked out my favorite round window I saw the sidewalks filled with snow and huge flakes falling from the sky........I said to God....Its your time......I prepared and I thought this little brunch might be canceled....

I called my friend who is in charge and would run this meeting. She quickly said" I am getting ready and on my way........I thought of this friend and how faithful she had been to many years of our meetings. How faithful she is to her family. How faithful she is to God. How faithful she is to our church and others there. How she has bought many new people to visit our church and made them a part of her life and thus they becoming a part of hers. How faithful she was to a friendship and how she brought me a huge basket filled with snacks for two days when my husband had his heart surgery. And now.....even though it would take her over an hour to get to my house and the snow all around her she was faithful to do her part..........

I fed my family and they went on their ways ....I dressed; drank some coffee and began to get ready for those to come to the brunch. But........I almost forgot and sat down to read Psalm 109 in my Bible. I almost forgot to invite God to our brunch that morning! I told God if only one person came I would be happy and share and have alot of fun leftovers........

I warmed the ham biscuits ; hash brown casserole; and large fluffy biscuits to serve with some special jam ( a blessing from a friend and God the day before). I lit the candles; put on some pretty Christian music; and the doorbell rang............One came; then another; then another and by the time it was done I had the living room full to capacity!!

We ate; my friend shared letters of our missionaries; we listen to a lady from a mission field; and prayed and laughed. I thought of the other ladies that came that morning and how faithful they were also to their God. They could have stayed home in their warm homes; or thought it too much a bother to bring a dish but the ones that came; came because they were faithful to a cause............

I am thankful today for many things........For faithfulness; for friendships; for a new President ; for freedom to pray and attend church; for a granddaughter who walked for the first time today; and even for snow.......I am thankful.........

4 comments:

Kimallen said...

What a sweet post. Do you normally host a brunch in your home for ladies.. That sounds like a wonderful idea.

Kelly said...

What a great time, and how faithful they all are!!! This was a beautiful post! I am going to go check your sidebar now and see what you suggest for a casserole to freeze, like in case company should arrive or to take to a family in need etc....thanks !!!

Love,
Kelly

Susan B said...

A lovely post. I'm so glad that the brunch went well. Your table looked very pretty! (I love the blue!) Congratulations on your granddaughter walking for the first time today! How exciting!

Rebekah Tastet said...

Yea for Ella! And what a beautiful brunch...you all are having quite a winter!