HOME SWEET HOME..........ITS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!
I love to start my morning with a quick talk with God; an attitude check; and a good cup of coffee..............
How you start the Day..........means so much to you and to those you
live with.........But. ....no matter how you start or what you may
enjoy to eat.........I try and do it with a smile .....
It seems no matter what is going on at our home or how I am feeling physically there is nothing that cant seem to make things better than good food. Just the aroma of coffee brewing early in
the morning and the smell of some good bacon ( oh even turkey bacon if
your trying to be abit healthier) sizzling in the skillet...........It
seems to uplift your spirits..........
Maybe you only have oatmeal or a nice bowl of healthy cereal . Could
you serve it in pretty bowls or on a nice table to start your day? My
husband enjoys having hot coffee early in the mornings sitting where we
can see our bird feeders or in the warm weather on a front porch in our
white rockers enjoying the morning sun............
Just a beautiful bowlful of fruit can get me going..............FRESH
STRAWBERRIES..........smell so good and can be cut into the most
delicious treats..........Springtime brings these delicious fruit here
and I enjoy making sugar free strawberry jam or sliced strawberries and
shortcake for dessert.
I love "old bowls" ...you know the kind my mom used back in the 40's
and 50's. I enjoy the crocks and using them for everything as well as
on the table to hold a bowl of fresh granny smith apples to all to
enjoy............Just standing in the kitchen ; bringing out the "bowl"
it seems everyone wants to know what you making.................
I have found these bowls at estate sales ; thrift stores for a few cents or dollars..........Mixing a
batter for pancakes ( I love the Bisquick lower fat version) to have a
special treat once in a while; or making up yummy chocolate chip
cookies with my "grand" and flour all over the place; or cutting up
apples for a Carmel Apple Pie....................
It doesnt take alot to make it "homey" and comforting....Keep small packages of ready made dough on hand in the freezer. Keep frozen apples (collect in the Fall or when in abundance) put away for a summertime pie........
If your physically not able to do alot of cooking or baking; you can
find beautifully made cupcakes; salads; or even Mc Donalds on the run
can be special if you make it that way.......... Its what you make of it........Home Sweet Home........
No comments:
Post a Comment