LIVE WHAT YOU LOVE!!
![]() | |||||||||||
| LIVE WHAT YOU LOVE |
Oh you may say...Do you live in a beautiful city full of lights and many things going on? No ...as a matter of fact...I live in a small town but the citys are not far away......
When I was a young girl I always enjoyed watching my mom tie her apron on....and could smell the aroma of fresh brewing coffee early in the mornings....I could hear the sounds of "Ker lunk...Ker lunk" as the coffee began to perk......Fresh eggs and the smell of crisp bacon in an iron skillet filled the kitchen and my mom would turn that sweet smile and sing song " Good morning Good morning to you" in a cheerful voice...
Dinners were a beautifully dressed table with a white covering and blue and white dishes......filled with white fluffy potatoes and a dot of butter streaming warm down the hill of potatoes; fried chicken that was light brown and full of crunch with each bite; asparagus that seemed to line up so green on a simple platter and rolls hot from the oven....
My parents lived during the War times...Depression Era...when times were hard and things they had were worked for many hours....and THEY MADE DUE WITH WHAT THEY HAD....and seemed content with that! I love that! Maybe ...just maybe that is why I love using what I have or taking old things; used things and making them USEFUL and NEW again..........
I have found many a cup or bowl as the ones above and used for my table or made it a special plate for cookies to give away or even as a "snack time " dish for just me late at night..........A .25 cent item from the past that brings such contentment.....
I probably have had times or more that I too have thought: I wish I could have this or that as I thumb through a beautiful magazine of design and homes BUT .........now (maybe its age) I seem to have found such great contentment in the LIFE given.........I dont really remember saying " I sure wish I could have this or that in my life".........but God gives us our hearts desires......and A home in which to live; a bed in which to lay my head; children grown that I love and admire and grandchildren for extra blessings..........
My husband and my favorite times are times sitting together enjoying coffee; talking or being quiet and enjoying Gods nature...........
I dont want to sound like I have ended up rocking life away........I love being active....and in this time of my life a New Business ( though small ) all about vintage is in my path......new beginnings for my husband and I to be a part of ......I love decorating ( with old things) and bringing Newness into each season in our home....
Enjoy yourself........with what God has given you....maybe not the life YOU had planned or what you think THEY think you should have ( who are THEY anyway?) ha ha ..........Enjoy your husband for who he is...your children for who they are.....( I once heard a lady say Do your eyes light up when your children enter a room? For they look at your countenance first.... I thought this was good and made a note to myself to bring a smile to my grand girls!!
Enjoy who God places in your path?" Oh ....but I wanted to be in that group or be a singer; a team leader; the president of the club...Whatever it is! >..........Let God place you where He needs you and then encourage those around your path!! Its all about Him and not all about me.......
Take....your home and make it shine and BEAUTIFUL! .......Do you craft ( Im not great at this!) but try...how about cook; teach ; sew ; create? USE what God has given to you and live it to the fullest!
I just sometimes love to don an apron with the grandgirls ........and roll out a piecrust or make cookies and watch their eyes light up and giggle ...as flour seems to float into the air and sugar dances around us!!
Maybe a Simple Meal of Meatloaf; twice baked potatoes; warm green beans and a cheddar biscuit.....created and set on the table and your hubby coming in the door and saying " WOW it sure smells good in here".........brings JOY to my heart..........
Sometimes just a cup of Coffee ( I love coffee with Coconut Creamer) or Starbucks with creamer!! This can make a party for two...........
Enjoy your life!! Celebrate!.........with what you have and see what comes from it!



No comments:
Post a Comment