RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

BITS AND PIECES OF "SPRINGTIME".....ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE....

BITS AND PIECES OF "SPRINGTIME"...ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE...

BITS AND PIECES OF SPRINGTIME ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE

My granddaughter and I have been working on some little "crafts" together for Spring and Easter...I am Not a crafter. That is its not one of my strengths....I would rather be cooking or baking up a storm but crafts take a little more effort. But........I try and learn little things... So it was with my "grand" these past few weeks.......
Here is just a "Little Tin" found at a thrift store and I places a ring of Spring beads in it to hang from my desk.
My husband bought me this little bunny years back when we were on a special date....My "grand" loves to look at this and pull the string in front to make it roll back and forth...Just 
the right little bunny for Easter....teacup was .25 cents at a thrift store. I love the pink!
Little things on my desk....This basket of eggs was my moms........She will be missed this Easter as she went to heaven last June.....She loved eggs; birds and nests...( my other sis gave this to her but said I could enjoy it ; thank you sis); .so this will help me to remember her......A fluer from my sister; a picture from my moms......
I stopped by an Estate Sale last weekend.....It was cold and rainy and no one else was there ( I couldnt believe it) A big old fashion house in our little town.....They had been picked through
alot that morning but she had a few things left. I found these little hand painted sugar dishes 
for .25 to hold my jellybeans for Easter dinner. I also found about 10 pretty hankies for .10 a piece. I have them all washed up and ready to press them and keep them to have or give away.
This is the start of our Easter table. My "craft" with my granddaughter.....all white hanging 
flowers......white candles........we will set the table in blue and white and white dishes.....The centerpiece held my hyacinths ( they were being watered at this point)............ 
We took an "old book that was falling apart and some of the blank pages "she " stamped Bible Verses on and we hung them on a cord across the mirror in the room.............
Doily with Bible verse stamped upon them hung on my white curtains...........(a craft )
We took my "silver tray " and added "Pink Easter Grass all around it.......added another one of my bunnies.............This sits on the hutch by the diningroom table.............I wanted it to be a fun day as we decorated......We played the old song " In my Easter Bonnet by Perry Como...."
We took some pages out of the old book and made flowers........We also made a long wreath full of flowers to hand on the fireplace.............
Flowers given my my sister............I always loved how she had her pink flowers sitting in a tall glass vase sitting on tall little round table in the middle of her room........So pretty.
My flowers my hubby gave me (for no reason) Isnt that love?.............they smell so good sitting in the middle of the Table.........This will be replaced with a large platter of Spiral Ham on Easter.
For now I may put my bouquet of White Flowers to work with the white theme.

I enjoy seeing other bloggers ideas on decorating and using some of these ideas to enjoy in my home..........God is good to give us so much...............and enjoy our celebrations!

No comments: