RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, March 28, 2014

TEA SHOPS ...RIBBONS..PRETTY THINGS..I LIKE BEING A GIRL...

TEA SHOPS...RIBBONS..PRETTY THINGS..I LIKE BEING A GIRL

TEA SHOP.....

I happen to enjoy pretty things; tea shops; and even things tied with a ribbon...........We have a tea shop in town and on special occasion I have enjoyed a nice lunch there............
I remember when my girls were young and how they loved playing dress up with my old jewelry; old hats; and the clunk clunk of a pair of old heels to play in.........It was fun to be
feminine...........Now my granddaughters enjoy the same.........and I like that........Sometimes
I will cut my granddaughters sandwich out in little shapes like a butterfly or a pumpkin...
(you may say is she spoiled? Oh no she is learning to be creative and make her world around
her nice)............
We recently had a visitor over for supper and he was a guest of my husbands. He commented
how he never had all this "fruuu fruu" pretty things on his table but he really liked it!
I just smiled to my husband.......Supper doesnt always have to be a fancy thing but you can
make it special with a few pretty plates; maybe instead of placing the huge tub of margarine on the table you can scoop out a portion  in a small
bowl; adding a tablecloth and in the Springtime..a seasonal candle glowing with a simple crockpot meal or sandwiches and  a side.
Having pretty things around you doesnt have to mean you spend alot of money ( I never do)
but you can be creative....I remember one Christmas holiday I went shopping in a very fine
department store. Money was tight that year so my bill in my purse wasnt going to purchase
many things there.....But.......I so enjoyed the beautiful music being played on the piano in their
lobby. I enjoyed a small cup of coffee for Free and then I gazed through their clearance racks
and found two small items I was in need of. The stores policy was to wrap it in tissue; then a
beautiful box of silver and gold and a pretty ribbon.......My cost was $3 total and I felt like I
had spent a small fortune..........
On special occasions I have gone to the teashop. It can be pricey but if you order only a few
items and some tea it can be a wonderful deal and the atmosphere is beautiful for the time
well spent...............
At home you can bring that special touch again to simple things by using small twinkle lights;
pretty thrift store plates or silverware; linens; pillows ( I found a beautiful lime green pillow
from Pottery Barn one day for $1) to go in any season.........
Enjoy being a lady and the gift of being creative with the world God has given around you......

No comments: