RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Sunday, January 18, 2009

TO BE THE ENCOURAGER................

TO BE THE ENCOURAGER...............


Proverbs 11:9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

The other day I was on the phone visiting with my mom when all of a sudden she said" Oh look there is a deer!" Now we get very excited in our family if we see an animal in nature nearby!I said " Oh mom God is telling you he loves you" ! The very next day I got an email from my sister showing me "beautiful bluebirds" had landed in her wooded trees out back. It was a very icy cold winter day and she had the caption under her picture " God loves me today"...........

I love how God encourages me with something as simple and sweet as a deer in the woods.
He nudges me along each and every day with His Words and encouragement of the Bible.

When I watch our little granddaughter Ella Joy trying to walk she takes little itty bitty steps.
When she stands on her own we all say Yeah! When she goes to my pretty glass coffee table and begins to touch grandmas pretty tray of candles but looks up and stops herself we all PRAISE her again and again. ...... What are we doing???? Encouraging her along her path of life to keep doing right.

In Proverbs 11 the Bible tells of how we can be a slander or an encourager! I want to be the encourager. I know myself I feel so good when I do a good job at a project feel I have pleased others in something. Praise lifts and grows................

How can we be an encourager when others in our lives dont give us the proper attitudes; respect; or love we think we deserve??

I am sure when my sweet little granddaughter sits down and cries because she cannot have something that its not a proper attitude to have. But her mommy and daddy love her so much that they teach her and train her to do right and have the right attitude . They dont just give up on her but they continue day by day and PRAISE and encourage along the way......

Someone may seem they NEED encouragement over and over until you tire of giving it
but that bit of "nudging" may be just what they need...........
Be the encourager............

3 comments:

Paula said...

The Lord has really been impressing upon me the importance of being an encourager lately, and this post is another good reminder.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about the yeast roll recipe; look for it soon! :)

Susan B said...

Thank you for the sweet reminder to be an encourager to others.

Rebekah Tastet said...

What a great reminder!