RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, February 21, 2009

STUFFED SHELLS...................A DINNER

STUFFED PASTA SHELLS


I tried this the other evening and my husband loved it! It was easy; and smelled so good.
This is a great potluck dish to take. PS. I didnt have bacon so left that out and it was great and
Sub the ricotta cheese for sour cream ( I used less).

Ingredients

1/2 box (20 shells)BARILLA Jumbo Shells
1 jarBARILLA Italian Baking Sauce
1 tablespoonextra virgin olive oil
2bacon slices, chopped
1 cupchopped onion
1 bag (10 ounces)fresh baby spinach, trimmed
3 cupsricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoonsalt
1/8 teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
1/3 cupfreshly grated Parmigiano cheese


PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
COOK Jumbo Shells according to package directions; drain. Cover and set aside.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat; stir in ricotta cheese, salt and pepper.
RESERVE 1 cup of Italian Baking Sauce; pour remainder into 13x9-inch baking dish. Fill shells with spinach mixture; place in dish. Pour remaining Sauce over Jumbo Shells; cover with foil.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Parmigiano cheese; broil 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned

BEEF AND SPINACH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the recipe sounds and looks delicous...at times I have used cottage cheese instead of ricotta and you can't tell the difference and it's less expensive also.
Alina