EARLY MORNINGS......I have thoroughly loved our "Spring mornings" as the season has begun a change....
I like to get up early in the morning. I enjoy the quietness of the day and the still of
the morning. I enjoy making the coffee and listening as it begins to flow and then smell
that sweet moment when it says its done .....grabbing my favorite coffee cup and settling
in the corner of my sofa looking out my large picture window waiting...waiting...waiting..
for the "Sun" to come up so brightly in the sky.
These mornings I have even begun to hear the sounds of the birds returning and the ducks as they fly in formation over the house and make their morning sounds "quacking" swooping down into a nearby pond....
I then...take my Bible in hand and turn to the verses for the day in my little devotion book given by our church in January. I read; ponder; read and listen....and try to underline or write down a verse for me to think on.....
By then; my hubby is up and getting ready. I take him coffee and we sit for a few moments if possible and take in the days events....... Breakfast to ready. Oatmeal with blueberry's; a yogurt perhaps; or maybe some simple eggs and turkey sausage and whole wheat toast.
He leaves on his way....my day begins and my morning melts away into midday........Where did it go??? I go on with everyday events and life itself.............Then as if the same sunshine that beamed into that window in the morning I am starting supper and looking out the back window..
and I notice again...........That beautiful morning God gave to me is now on its way out.....a Beautiful Spring Sunset with all the pinks; hues of yellow; and browns are setting in the West...
As....I grow older I dont want to forget those precious mornings...........I want to remember the days of promise. The days of goodness. The days of thanksgiving.
Its so easy I guess for all of us to turn on the news. Read the morning headlines via the paper or computer and become so easily discouraged with that morning. In fact, it can ruin a whole day as others we meet begin to grumble and complain about all thats wrong in our world.
Take a fresh morning.........Breathe it in! Remember all the good mornings God has given to you and enjoy!!
2 comments:
I was just talking to my husband about the birds and their chirping again on our back deck this morning. As a matter of fact, I heard them singing at 3:00 a.m. this morning too!
I love spring mornings as well! Always with a cup of coffee!
Post a Comment