RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, March 27, 2009

THIS AND THAT........THE VISIT

This past week I got to spend some time with
caring things for my mom and spend some
times with my sisters. The weather was nice
so we took mom out for a walk in her wheelchair
and looked at all the "New" Spring flowers ready
to bloom........ How fun!!
My sister and her husband built a beautiful apartment
for my mom to stay in at their home. We would make
a meal and then take "little trays" full of food down to
her place to eat with her...I took her this "Bunny" for
her to enjoy for Easter.....
This was a fun little snack tray. My sister made
the most delicious "dip" from cream cheese;
and hot pepper raspberries. Oh my was it good!
My sister and I always loved "moms" potato salad
so with her directions we put it together one evening
with our meal...............Its the best!!
Another sister of mine lives nearby so when she
came we made snickerdoodles cookies to have.
They were sooo good.... Does it seem all we do is eat?
I made these delicious "cupcakes" twice when
I was there. They are from a recipe from "The
Barefoot Contessa". I have never made cupcakes
from scratch and these were wonderful. The ganache
on top made it! The first time I used "foil stars" and
they looked so festive! My sister Barbara bought all
the ingredients for us to have fun!!
I was so happy to get back and be with my family.
These were sent home. My dad (now in heaven)
made all these little ducks; bunnies and chicks.
Ella had fun carrying the bag full of them and
placing them by the garden to come.......
She found a new friend with this giant Lion someone
gave to her. We had fun reading books and talking
with her friend "the Lion"...............


Its so good to visit family. If it were my choice our family would all live close by. But...thats not always the case. But its good to be able to visit and laugh and enjoy each other.

But of course; " Theres No Place Like Home" and what you put into it.......I am glad to be back; unpacked; and back into the swing of things.

I have many new projects to get to as the weather turns warm. My husband has planted our"white tomatoes" seeds in our inside beginner garden. I have much to do outside......

But........the daily sounds of your home bring comfort. The smell of morning coffee. The chatter of ducks flying overhead....... The washer and dryer helping start the day.........

When I was gone visiting with my mom...... I recalled in my mind the many days she would rise early and I would smell the coffee and many times I would hear bacon "crackling" in the black iron skillet. Now.........as I rose early at my sisters I would get up; shower; dress; and read my Bible and hurry down to her apartment. There she and her "caregiver" ( they call her mom too isnt that sweet) would be putting the coffee on; helping her dress; making her bed and she would take her now wheelchair up to her nice little table and it was "set" waiting for some oatmeal; scrambled eggs; and nice buttered toast. My sister would bring her in the morning paper and the daily letter ( sent by another sister farther away) and jumble. And........so her day
began.

Not much different from mine but her newly adapted life..........

How do we adapt? Do we gripe and complain the way our life is handed towards us or do we sweetly adapt and continue on working day to day in His hands..........

I am so thankful for lessons taught and for "the visit".

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

So sweet! I am glad to hear you had such a good time with your family! You all take so good care of your mom! I love that!