RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, March 13, 2009

SPRING CLEANING.....GUESTS ARE COMING

ITS "SPRING CLEANING' ALL THROUGH
THE HOUSE....GUESTS ARE COMING
SO I WANT THINGS TO BE FRESH AND CLEAN..
HAVING THINGS IN ORDER JUST SEEMS
TO MAKE THINGS GO A LITTLE SMOOTHER....


I have been taking the last few weeks to clean; mop; scrub down; get in the corners sweep; change linens; scrub that bathroom from top to bottom; bring out lighter and brighter items; and add freshness to my home.

This is not always our favorite thing to do nor sometimes does anyone ever even notice the deeds done ...but if its part of my life then I am in charge of making sure it is done right.

Here are some things I did to ready for guests:

. The Bathroom: Scrubbed down from top to bottom. I begin with the tub. I scrub it thoroughly ( not just a shower spray) that never really seems to work for the nitty gritty.... ; take any bottles; extra soap; scrubbies all go into a basket for my own use and place it under a sink or in a closet; ( clear it all out); I scrub down the tiles ; soap dish area; and then rinse and dry making sure the fixtures are sparkling and clean...

. Next... is the toilet. I squirt the toliet bowl cleaner in and swish it all around and up and under
the rim. I then take a cleaner and wipe down all the seat; back of the seat and those little hinges;
the back of the toilet top; under the toliet all around including the back nobody sees but the dirt is back there (ha); and the sides where the little round fixtures hold it to the floor. Then... a quick swipe all around the floor area and corners in the back of the toilet.

. Next the sink and the little ledge above the sink; the mirrors and the lighting fixtures ( if any) above the mirrors; the counters all get a clean wipe down and then a polish for the fixtures to
glistening silver......

.Next, the floor. You may take a quick swiffer but sometimes I have to just get down on the old hands and knees and wipe it down to get in those little corners and spills on walls.

. Last....Fresh clean towels that look pretty. A little soap dispenser for hands to be washed.
And.......( my sister taught me this... a pretty hand towel to lie folded next to the sink for the guest to wipe down their hands)... She always had this in pretty lime greens and whites in her
guest bath.........

. Bedrooms : I make sure all carpets or floors are swept and clean. Under the bed is tidy. ( yes this is a great time to do it ha).

. The linens are fresh and clean and non wrinkled. If I have time I press the pillowcases. ( I know I know that is abit much but this is a a little luxery I do for my own bedroom and it makes things
so nice).

. I place a basket or little bag ( this time I am using a bag) with extra goodies in it such as toothpaste; mints; snacks; Kleenex; snack bars) to use while they are here. I might set some bottles of water also on a nearby nightstand. I may add some fresh flowers in a vase.

. I may make some muffins and leave them in my glass cake dish for them if they wish to have a snack or a quick breakfast to go.........

. I make sure the rest of my home is neat and tidy and de-cluttered.

. Floors swept ( that is a constant for me for we have our two adorable Springer Spaniels) ha; and mopped.

. Kitchen decluttered on the counters and clean and fresh.

. Refrigerator cleaned out and smelling fresh.

. Coffeepot clean and ready for use.

. The yard; porch and any area that will be used clean and tidy.


*** *** Most of all my spirit or attitude. I dont want to have a clean home and a bad spirit fussing at my husband or children because they didnt do their part.... I do not want to be exhausted trying to impress others and unavailable for my family........ I do not want to keep my home clean only for company...........So what do I do??? I do it unto Him! I want to my best ; not always perfect but my best
for God.
I really TRY and do this all the time for my family.


But........when guest are coming it can motivate you to push a little harder and the good thing is that it helps you to end up with a fresh and clean home that you are happy with!!

*******God gives me my home. No matter how humble a place in which you live ; your abode can be used to renew or refresh another ..........

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Your home is going to be so fresh and clean, Nancy! Enjoy your company!
~Kelli

Rebekah Tastet said...

You are a wonderful host! I like the old-time pictures!:)