RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Sunday, October 18, 2009

SWEETEST DAY FUN...............

I HAVE TO ADMIT MY HUBBY AND I USUALLY DONT
CELEBRATE "SWEETEST DAY". IT IS JUST AN EXTRA
DAY TO US BUT THIS YEAR HE WAS THE SWEETEST
TO ME..............ON FRIDAY THIS BOOK CAME TO ME
IN THE MAIL. HE HAD SEEN IT SOMEWHERE AND
THOUGHT I WOULD ENJOY IT......ITS A BRAND NEW
BOOK ON "HEALTHY UP TO DATE" RECIPES FOR
THE CROCKPOT. ...HE WAS RIGHT. I LOVE TO SIMPLIFY
THINGS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I HAVE LOOKED
THROUGH THIS BOOK AND IT IS GREAT. I WILL LET
YOU KNOW WHAT I MAKE IN IT SOON........
SATURDAY MORNING HE ASKED IF I WANTED TO
GO WITH HIM TO "HOME DEPOT"....OF COURSE
I DID....HE THEN WANTED ME TO PICK OUT PAINT
AND A NEW CEILING FAN FOR OUR BEDROOM.
I PICKED OUT "TOFFEE CRUNCH" FOR THE COLOR
AND A BEAUTIFUL "VINTAGE FAN" FOR OUR ROOM.
HE TOLD ME HE WOULD LIKE FOR US TO RE-DO OUR
ROOM SO WE WILL BE WORKING ON THAT PROJECT...
NEXT WE WENT TO OUR FAVORITE PARK AND SAT
AND ENJOYED THE DRIZZLE OF RAIN AGAINST THE
WINDOWS AND THE BEAUTIFUL FALL TREES STANDING
SO TALL UP TO THE SKY. AND......I JUST ENJOYED
THE LITTLE WOODEN BRIDGE AND THE FALLING
YELLOW LEAVES AROUND IT.............
ON THE WAY TO THE PARK ........HE STOPPED AND
BOUGHT ME MY FAVORITE DRINK FROM
STARBUCKS.............LATER THAT DAY WE HAD A
SIMPLE DINNER OF ROAST WITH PEPPERS; SALAD;
GARLIC BREAD STICKS AND SOME PUMPKIN ROLL...
(PAINTING HAD TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER DAY..)
THAT EVENING.....WE BOTH HAD SO MUCH FUN
PLAYING "WII BOWLING"..........WE LAUGHED SO
MUCH AND GOT OUR EXERCISE FOR SURE...


Sweetest day can be anyday with the one you love. It doesnt have to be expensive or
extravagant ...it just has to be fun with your loved one. Here are a few ways to show you care........

. Send or make a card for your hubby and leave it in a special place for him to find.
** Dont expect anything from it! Just do it to show you care.

. Have a favorite snack or beverage by his place he sits in the evening. I know a friend of mind who had a beautiful 3 tiered basket that sat in the middle of her kitchen table. It was filled with fresh apples; fresh oranges; and the top basket had hostess chocolate cupcakes!
I asked her why this healthy arrangement had these "snacks" on the top and she quickly replied "Oh my husband loves all those things especially the snacks on the top"....She taught me alot that day......What wisdom. Your husband may enjoy a certain brand of popcorn; almonds; yogurts; or cupcakes!

. Go with him to the hardware store sometime. or a place he enjoys. .... Have fun and ooh andahhh over things and him.

. Make your home not just about things but about the people that live there.....

2 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

so fun to read about all your blessings!

Rebekah Tastet said...

Very sweet for your sweetest day!