RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

TUESDAYS BLESSINGS...........

WHEN I STOPPED BY MY FRIEND LISA'S TO "SURPRISE"
HER WITH A TREAT AND A VISIT...SHE ENDED UP
TREATING ME WITH HOMEMADE APPLE BUTTER TO
SEND HOME AND SOME "AGAVE NECTAR" FOR ME
TO USE AND BAKE FOR MY DIABETIC HUSBAND...
WHAT A BLESSING!
I STOPPED BY THE GROCERY AND KNEW I WAS TRYING
TO "SAVE" A LITTLE MORE THIS WEEK ( WHO ISNT?)
I FOUND ALL THIS AND SAVED OVER $30 PLUS A FEW
MORE ITEMS NEEDED........

I knew I had a busy day ahead of me. I had an early meeting to attend; grocery shopping
and another errand to run. I planned ahead by getting up earlier; knowing what clothes to wear;
having a small list on hand; making sure I did the norms of coffee with my hubby; Bible reading;
breakfast for him and I and out the door!...........

It seems so good to have your "list" checked......As I was ready to leave my mind began to
"twirl" . It does alot of twirling. I thought to myself..... I am going by this persons house and I
should leave them a goodie bag. And........there is a dear lady at my church I needed to send a
card to and maybe I can stop by the store and get some cupcakes and a card and take it to
someone at the meeting and and and ..........Twirl.......

Then........God and His care began to slow me down and teach me a lesson He and I have worked on before. Lord......."What would you have me do for you today?"............

I enjoy serving. I love caring. These are good things but in His time: He and I began to talk.
What? Dont you talk with God in the car? Well I do and we laugh alot too! But........He
reminded me you dont have the time today. You can send a nice card in a few days when things
are slower and your friend will enjoy. And.......you can send a homemade something up to a
month to the other friend and I am sure she too will enjoy it then. Sometimes He doesnt even
want me to do anything but pray for that person. And that I did. I prayed for them.

As I was drawing close to my meeting place ; another friend came to my mind. SHE was the
one He wanted me to go by and see. We have been so close for years and yet never get together.
I knew she would be home today organizing and I was going to "drop by" for a few moments
as a surprise with a few "gas station" goodies. And that I did.......Oh she was so excited and so
was I. Her home smelled so pretty and Fall like. She gave me some homemade apple butter she
had going in her crockpot. ....Gods ways are always the best ways!

Here are a few things I was taught today:

1. Yield to Him each day.......that way if things dont go your way ( they rarely do ha) You will
know it was the right way......

2. Sometimes we need to sit still and listen......We think we know what is right and sometimes
just being quiet and letting it go is right....

3. Be thankful for each small blessing....maybe someone gives you a gift; someone a card; someone a hug.........They are all special!

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

Good thoughts! You are always so kind in thinking of others! Could you email me your address? Thank you!
ertastet@yahoo.com