RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Sunday, February 14, 2010

PRECIOUS TIMES.........Expectations........

This past weekend was Valentines weekend........My husband surprised me with a very pretty and feminine outfit. It was a pretty raspberry blouse with ruffles down the front; and a nice little black shirt to go underneath. Then a pretty black and cream skirt to go with.
He even went to the trouble of finding a pretty raspberry necklace that shimmered; a nice silver bracelet and earrings to match.......I wore it with a cream suit jacket I already had to church and felt very loved.......

Then .......after church he and I stopped at Texas Roadhouse and had steak; potatoes;
salad; and rolls. We both said we were so stuffed that we felt sick to our tummys. We laughed
at our age how we cannot handle too much of a good thing!......Again I felt very loved.......

On Friday evening I had dinner for the whole family and made "Mom Spaghetti" and a simple green salad. We ate on our Valentine table and had pink shortbread cookies decorated with icing for dessert...........I felt very loved.......

Late into the night I couldnt sleep (probably all the rich food ha) I was remembering the night weekend and the weekend before when my hubby had taken me to a marriage retreat and thanking God for him............I also thought to myself........WHAT if my hubby didnt even remember Valentines Day? What if he bought home a card and didnt even sign it? What if
he wasnt even romantic at all?

Expectations...........I remember as a young bride I was FULL of them. I EXPECTED everything to be so full of "roses" and happiness. I am thankful for a wonderful 30 + years but my Expectations have changed. ( I have changed)............

Love...........is not always about me and what I want but about what i can show and give to someone else............I wanted to give my hubby rest. I wanted to give him a nice dinner.
But at the same time .........He didnt look what he needed and gave to me things he thought I would enjoy..........

God fills me with His love overflowing............Sometimes I must admit I trap that love with hurt; self pity; exhaustion; worry; or other sources of negative thinking.

Its not always easy but I try and fill my mind and day with "good things". I stop and Praise God for a place to lie my head; food to eat; a place to live; family that loves; ect...........
Sometimes I have even asked God to help me to love someone that I dont want to love because of the way I feel.............

Precious times..........We can all have them if WE choose. .....It may take work on your part
but the love overflowing is well worth it................

I have learned things I cannot control ( let go of it) and things I can ( do my best to learn;
and enjoy).................Expectations?...........may turn into Precious Times.........

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

I love that thought! Our expectations can be those precious times if we have the right expectations!