I enjoy watching the birds in the Springtime ; as they begin gathering little twigs; sticks and other material to begin a "nest" for their little "home sweet home".....I guess you could say I am like a bird in that I enjoy bringing bits and pieces of beauty to my home......
I enjoy comfortable and homey furnishings... in fact, I love shopping for unusual items at a good price to bring a room to life...I can look at a photo of a pretty room and see the colors that stand out to me...I enjoy barn reds; creams; apple and limegreens; and robin egg blues......
I enjoy simple ; cleaned off spaces.....and rooms that make you "feel" like you can just bring
your tired worn body to kick off your shoes and relax..........
The first step to inexpensive decorating is getting rid of unwanted clutter...Out goes too many
books; papers ; magazines....( They have pretty cardboard holders for these if you need to have a place for them at Walmart for only a few dollars)........get rid of too many toys or place some in
storage and replace now and then. ...Too much furniture; nick nacks (especially if they never get dusted). Work on rooms one room at a time and try and make a place for everything and everything in its place....
I will start with the most important and that is your bedroom. Your room for you and your husband should be clean; clutter free; warm and inviting and smelling nice...........
I have found some of the most beautiful quilts; duvets; comforters; pillows at second hand stores.
I look for good brands that seem to last long such as Pottery Barn; Ralph Lauren; or even a pretty pattern.....
This past Fall I found a pretty cream chenille bedspread; gray duvet; cream light blanket;
and my sister had some beautiful throw pillows in creams that I placed with a cream and black
pillow.......We also have flannel sheets in cute red and white print for the cold winters in our area.
I try and spray our sheets or blankets with a nice smelling spray to keep things fresh...
Right now I am looking for a lime green quilt to pair with my cream and add some fresh reds and
yellows for Springtime.....I can usually find a nice quilt for around $5.......
I do on occasion look for good sheets that are high count and soft. I would love to find a buttercream yellow for Spring....I may look at places like JC Pennys on sale or TJ Maxx on their clearance items...
I have a nice wing chair and a small table beside it. My husband sits there alot and so I put a favorite book; his favorite snacks and cold beverage on this for him to enjoy....
I have two nice end tables in black ( they dont match in style ) and I love that! I can keep my
favorite books nearby on my stand and some of my favorite pretties. I keep a picture of
my husband and I when we were a young cute couple on his side and books on the bottom of his
table.....
I also have a place where my husband can put his cell phone; his change from his pockets; and other needed items on top of our dresser. ( these can be found at any Walmart in mens dept under accessories)..........
I have a small little cream desk in one corner with a shelf over the top. Some of my favorite things sit atop this shelf...Not too many just a few.... This is where I do any needed work such as bills; filing; cards; or daily to do list.......
I try and keep our closet in order. ( my room is not huge and this helps in everyday use)...
I keep organizing boxes atop filled with various things. We both share a closet and I keep in season clothes in the closet only...........(other goes in a box in basement until season change)
However you choose to "fluff" your nest.......make a simple plan on how you want it to look and feel and work with what you have........Sometimes it may be as simple as moving furniture around; freshening the paint; making some curtains ( my friend was so good at this); finding what you need at a thrift store ( such as chairs) and purchasing some pillows at Walmart.....Make your bedroom your haven of rest..........
1 comment:
Trish sorry your comment didnt post.
Sometimes this thing doesnt work but thank you for the kind words...post again if you can so i can see your blog again. I pray your feeling somewhat better.
love, nancy
Post a Comment