This past weekend my husband did so many sweet things for me ( and it wasnt even valentines)....Saturday morning he showed up with my favorite treat from Starbucks and someMcDonalds for us to enjoy..........we spent the day together at home relaxing ...later ..he surprised me with a new Spring outfit in bright corals and ruffles...I told him I was certainly spoiled...
"He remarked that he enjoyed me enjoying things he bought me"...........later he got up dinner
out to enjoy at home.....What a blessing I enjoyed!
Church was a great blessing also as our pastor taught on how God is Holy and God is Love!
Such simple words but such strong truths...........
God loves me everyday.........He has proved it over and over to me...but you know what I forget? I forget about the sunshine. I forget about the warm home. I forget about how good it is to have a husband or a family.....But........He doesnt forget. He continues to love me unconditionally.
God is Holy.....He is mercy. He is kindness. He is respect. He is faithful. He is strength. He can meet all my expectations and needs..........but you what: I forget....I focus or allow other things
into my mind and heart to cloud my days....I try and take over what I feel instead of leaning on His arms............
Sometimes when I am out doing some shopping........( I will stop and notice) other people....and how they treat each other....(were only human)......mothers with little ones trying their patients and crying and mothers saying unkind words due to maybe both of them needing a simple nap ( I have been there).......wives belittling their husbands in their choice of what to put in their carts ( at our house the girls and I always smiled at Dads groceries he may stop and buy and moms)....Dad was always more fun with snacks and goodies.....the lady who is arguing with the clerk about how long her line is and tossing things aside on the counter in disgust...........
Im from the "old school" my mom used to say to me...........Well I am afraid she trained a daughter the same.........The word Respect comes to mind........
Respect your property. Clean up and do the best you can with what is given.
Respect your family. Husbands (love; honor ; admire; be discreet what you share); children (have patience ; train; love; relax and have fun); Others (Respect; show dignity; kindness)
I was so excited to get the "new things" from my hubby this weekend but ...that doesnt happen all the time.......and when the "normal days " come with hard work; lean times; daily tasks...
I am so thankful that I was taught the same old things.......
Love, respect; admire; praise...........you will reap what you sow.
1 comment:
Love you sweet friend. Admire you too.
Post a Comment