RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, February 19, 2011

SPRING CLEANING THE PANTRY AND ONE POT RIBS AND KRUAT MEAL......


Yesterday I spent some time "Spring Cleaning" my kitchen pantry........I ridded out things
we dont use and then took some items that I rarely use " and put them on a shelf in the basement.....It felt so good and looks so roomy and Fresh!

Basically, I put items together that belong together such as all baking items; all canned goods; box goods ; breads and spices and such on side shelves....I placed these items in specific bins so I could pull out the bin to use..........* my daughter in law is so great at organizing and places labels on all her bins..

This really helps you to get things on hand and in some what order when using them daily.
I realize things can get out of order everyday and thats life but it is nice to have things "clean and fresh" for the next season.....
I plan on going to Target or the Dollar Store and getting a few more bins for potatoes and onions......

Meanwhile .....I tried a "new recipe" on my husband I found....My husband enjoys a change
in recipes so I thought I would try this one......He loved it ( as he told me many times and had seconds later on )..........Its easy and a One Pot Meal and the whole house smelled great when
he came home......Its from Paula Deen and she seems to make everything good.

PAULA DEENS ONE POT RIBS AND KRAUT MEAL






  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
  • 1 rack pork baby back ribs, cut into individual ribs
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 6 medium, white new potatoes, quartered
  • 1 pound bag sauerkraut
  • 1/2 cup apple juice ( my choice) (optional, may substitute water or stock)
  • Parsley sprigs, for garnish

Directions

Set Dutch oven over medium-high and heat the vegetable oil.

You can also cook this dish in the oven at 325 to 350 degrees F for the same time.

Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Lay ribs in the oven, meat side down and sear them in a single layer. Transfer them to a platter. Add the onions and saute until softened, scraping up any browned bits from the ribs. Add potatoes. Add ribs back in and cover with sauerkraut. Poor apple juice over top. Cover the Dutch oven and lower the heat. Simmer the pot on the stove for 2 to 3 hours until the ribs are very tender.

If the dish gets too dry at any point stir in a little chicken broth or water to keep it moist.

Serve garnished with parsley sprigs.

No comments: