RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

EASY COMFORT FOODS...TO SAY I LOVE YOU

MAKING STRAWBERRY JAM AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.....COMFORT FOOD

Today I was doing some catch up work at home since I was out of town this weekend being beside my sweet mother in law in the hospital. What a trooper she is. Despite the pain she was in she kept smiling and we would laugh together.



My husband was very worn out and had to put in a couple days of work into one
so I was trying to plan so special things for him to enjoy when he came home.
The weather was cool today but beautiful and sunny so I was able to run some
errands... One of the errands was the grocery store. I saw they had strawberries on sale ( I have been waiting for the season to start) I bought 3 lbs and came home and made a couple of jars
of Sugar Free Strawberry Jam.........for him to enjoy on an English muffin in the mornings..
I was so excited to get him a few others things I noticed he had mentioned he needed or wanted.
I love to be able to bring little things that make him happy.
The kitchen smelled so good and this was so simple to make a few batches for him to enjoy....
I made three little jars full and had a little leftover ; so I put it in a pretty little bowl to enjoy
over some ice cream...............
I hope he enjoys a "little jam" and knows I am thinking of him and this brings some comfort of a big week. I know he hurts when others he loves hurt.
Next, I made a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies. Neither my hubby or I really
can eat these but this is for a thank you for a friend who gave us some items that they no longer
needed so we could in turn give them to someone who was in a need for them....Isnt it a blessing
to be able to pass along another blessing for someone......( i think so and am thankful God wanted
to use us for this)
My daughter Ruthie is the best chocolate chip cookie maker in our family so I just followed
her recipe and her notes.............................She has blessed so many making these delicious treats...
I just love the aroma of the cookies baking also. I wore my Vera Bradley Apron my daughter
Becky gave me for mothers day this year. I love wearing aprons......I have a shelf with pegs filled with various kinds. They remind me so much of my mother who lived in the 1940's and wore
many aprons then..............
Delicious simple treats that just say Comfort to your day...........** my recipe for the cookies
are on my side blog...............

No comments: