RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, May 13, 2011

SIMPLE DAYS..............

I love Simple Days..........It doesnt seem that many days are like that.........BUT today was
one.........

The bright sunshine greeted me early this morning.........Warm weather was in town for today
so I quickly made the bed; cleaned up the breakfast dishes; swept the floors and finished my Friday task I had planned for today. Cleaning out the pantry. It looked so nice and organized when I finally got it done.
My married daughter thought it would be nice to take the "grands" for a walk
in their stroller today........me too; so off we went..........

Back home.........we had a simple lunch and then they took naps........I finished up a Pasta Salad for tonights supper alongside some grilled pork chops and potatoes. As I was rinsing and drying up the few dishes I looked out at my hummingbird feeder and enjoyed the "little birds" flying in and out........

I thought : Thank you God for simple days..........

But then......I had to think to myself. You know ; it really wasnt a simple day but a day you
worked hard; got some things done and had a happy attitude. Attitude has such an influence on your day. My days.........I knew that I had been fighting a "bug" of something the past few days
and just didnt feel up to par. I started my day with a bad headache as I had the day before but this morning I had done something different. I said to God........" Thank you for this day. I feel great and am ready to start this beautiful day with your help"..........

As I got up; I made my coffee; then took ALL my medicines ( i forget alot of times to make sure I am taking these and I think they can have an effect on me) and vitamins. I then cleaned up; put on some make up; and had a nice chat with my hubby before he left for work.

Some of my best days:

Walks with my hubby
Coffee with my hubby early in the mornings
Lunch with my hubby at the local diner sharing fries.
Late night talks when all is quiet
Stopping by a yard sale together and finding little treasures.
Sitting by the covered bridge and enjoying nature.

Laughing with my grands over nothing
Receiving a "flower" from the yard from my grand
baking cookies with my grands
snuggling in the rocker with my grand
reading or singing together

Helping others through a funeral or a hard time
Praying for someone you love
Working together on a project to help someone
Encouraging someone
Making a meal for someone
Having someone for supper with love

Simple Things............

A babys giggle
A babys breathe
A babys sweet smell of lotion
A babys little feet

What are some of the sweet simple things for you?

Then I got to work for the day......I began to feel worse in the afternoon but this time I took the time to rest. Just the quiet gentle sounds of rain had begun to fall and the faint sound of thunder rolled through the skies............A simple Day.......God given..........

Some of my best days are days God made especially for me! His ways are not always my ways.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hoots said...

Simple days are always my favorite too.