This was given a few years back ...but I thought it would be a good Springtime idea to post again..Enjoy...
I HOSTED OUR LADIES MISSIONS BRUNCHYESTERDAY....I SET THE TABLE WITH
SPRING GREENS AND PINKS THE NIGHT
BEFORE....
I MADE DELICIOUS LEMON-BLUEBERRYMUFFINS I FOUND ON "NO PLACE LIKE
HOME"....
I SET THE TABLE IN ANTICIPATION FORTHE "POTLUCK"OTHERS WOULD BRING..
THE MUFFINS WERE SO MOIST AND THEYYIELDED 18 TO A BATCH........
THE WEATHER WAS RAINY OUTSIDE BUTTWINKLING CANDLES MADE IT WARM
AND COZY INSIDE.....
I ALSO MADE A "HASHBROWN CASSEROLE"FROM "TASTE OF HOME". SO EASY AND
DELICIOUS . I ADD SOME SAUSAGE TOO.
MORE PICTURES OF THE MUFFINS..
I HAD A "COFFEE"; WARM BEVERAGES CORNERAND I PUT APPLE AND GRAPE JUICE ON A TRAY
OPPOSITE FOR THEIR ENJOYMENT....
Yesterday was a day for others.... I hosted a "ladies brunch" at my house for our ladies missions group.
I rarely ( if ever) have a luncheon just for fun. Life is so busy and important that getting together is usually for a specific purpose.... thus our meeting.
I wanted the ladies to feel comfortable; joyful and well-fed. We fellowshipped and then got down to business of our missionaries and others. I love that our leader knows our missionaries
by her heart and their lives and tell us about them. She is a true leader and takes the time to
be informed and then care about each and every lady that attends.
I didnt have to spend much of anything to make a pretty "brunch". Everything I had gotten for .50 to $1 for decorations and table runner included. Then I just had to purchase some food items and it all seemed to go together.
I then asked God to make this simple little "brunch" pleasing and useful for Him>He did and I then Thanked Him afterward.
The rest of the day bought me to a "funeral" that was so sweet . A lady who had a brother who was lost and then found (homeless) and then passed away . This simple "memorial service" was filled with love .Another friend made a beautiful program complete with pictures and poems for funeral. A surprise for my friend. A man who sings wonderfully took time out of his very busy schedule this week to come and sing their favorite songs and honor this man. Flowers sent by our church and friends to come and sit with this lady on behalf of her brother. "Everyone is important!"
When I got home I have to admit I was tired...but it was a good tired full of good things.
Dinner; dishes cleaned up; and talking with my husband sharing our granddaughters fun stories.
As I put my head on my pillow that night I thanked God for His goodness of His day....
No comments:
Post a Comment