RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, March 8, 2012

WHAT DID SHE SAY???


Have you ever woke up to a beautiful day only to find within a few hours you thought the day was anything but "Beautiful"............

Anything that goes into our minds competes with our emotions and feelings..........

I have heard it wise to put "good things in"..........and good things will come out!

This isnt always easy because daily we are bombarded by negative situations through the radio; television; telephone or cell phone calls; other "negative" people; circumstances beyond our control and the trials of life in general........

I have been kidded by many people saying " I am like PollyAnna". PollyAnna always tried to turn the bad into something good. But........I am afraid sometimes I have been "Negative Nancy"...........and brought something negative into the room just to make sure I was noticed!

You know how you may have pick up clothes in the bathroom a million times; or changed the toilet paper roll every time you go in there and NO one else seems to notice or help!!! :) :)

But you know what a "Negative Nancy" accomplishes?? NOTHING! Nothing but unkind words and sour spirits........I know we are not perfect so I will continue to learn this lesson over and over.....but meanwhile I must GUARD my spirit against such things.....

How do you say?
Read my Bible and study it. His Word will direct your tongue and your ways to "give it to Him" instead of everyone else.

Take a note from PollyAnna and learn to see the good in situations or others...........Mrs Marlene Evans uses to say " Look for the "Gold Glittering" in others...

Dont compare yourself with others. Be what God wants YOU to be and where He wants you to be........

Play good music; read good Christian books; exercise and eat right.

Learn something new. Study it. When my husband became a heart patient and diabetic I was clueless on what to eat; his pains; etc but I have spent 2 years now studying it and it has helped me so much.

Get up.......each day and clean up; fix your hair; take care of yourself . It will help you to tackle what comes your way.....

Rest..........if your body needs it. Again you cannot compare yourself with everyone on this. When
I had my hysterectomy I was very very ill because of many months of low low blood counts.
A Godly lady told me to go home and rest! ( I loved to do for others) but for several months I had to rest and let others bring meals; my husband and children help with the housework .
It was hard but a good lesson on rest for me. I had to do this later in my life as well......

Do for others........not like I said above but sometimes we need to get our minds off ourselves and do something for others. I am in a Ladies Missionary Circle that helps me each month to care for missionaries and others. I might not think of this on my own but this helps remind me to think of others.

I may fight this everyday. We learn over and over......

.This morning my kind hubby took me to
breakfast. I was trying to watch what I ate and my hubby ordered. When it came I noticed something was missing I had wanted ( alot!) ha but then I thought............does it really matter?
Did I really need it to call the waitress over to the table again and complain what was wrong and then and wait and wait. making the time for my husband and I unpleasant....No!........I did not..( I am learning). :)  Im glad I let it go for we had a wonderful time together and rest of the day as well.

My husband and I  had also made plans of doing something later in the day together to enjoy the warm weather. He seemed to be heading for home...when I thought.to myself.....Where are we going? I thought you said we would do this? But this time lesson learned and I let it go...and said nothing..I could see how his physical body was exhausted and let that "negative wanter go.......What a difference "letting things go" and going with the flow can make....

Does that make me a saint? No that I am not..but that may make me a smarter wife....( I could have been negative about what I had wanted but why?)..............
We had a wonderful late afternoon; cooked out on the grill and company came for supper....


I dont want to invite "Negative Nancy" to my house again but she may be there hiding behind
the bushes........but for now I will try and look for the "Gold Glittering"!

No comments: