RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, May 16, 2008

DECORATING FOR SPRING..........FREE THINGS

I FOUND ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS IN THE SPRING "LILACS" FOR FREE FROM A FRIENDS BUSH AND CAME HOME TO SIT UPON MY ROUND TABLE.

THIS BASKET ALONG WITH SOME OTHER ITEMS WERE IN A BASKET MARKED "FREE" TODAY. I THOUGHT A BASKET MARKED " LOVE GOD"!!!


THIS PRETTY WREATH WAS ALSO FOUND IN THE BOX MARKED "FREE" AND I THOUGHT I WOULD HANG IT UPON MY BACK PORCH FOR SUMMER.



I am a firm believer you dont have to have much to decorate your home. If you do not have the money you pray about it and then do with what you have! First.......... I pick a room I want to change. Then I clean that one room from top to bottom putting away things I dont need in that room anymore or tossing them. Next.........I think of the color or change I am looking for and go into the next rooms seeing what I can use to make my other room NEW! Sometimes it may be "lime" green throw that was somewhere else but would look great with the Spring colors in your comforter.


You can add to your home with flowers. Sometimes they can be picked from your garden or I love "lilacs" ; snowballs; and tulips in the Spring. The lilacs smell soooo good!


You might come accross some good buys at "yard sales" but beware about bringing home things you dont need or junk you might just throw out. I saw some beautiful Pink antique dishes as my girls and I went by a little yard sale. I happen to love pink!! But......as I looked and looked at those dishes I thought...........Where could I use these? Oh but I love them.............Where could I use these?............NO ...........I put them down and went on. ha My sister Barbara taught me sometimes its good to have a few of some things to collect. Not too many. I thought that was smart!


I am constantly learning new ways to decorate things. I found some great ideas from my daughter in law ( under Josh and Jenny) where she found 3 beautiful white rockers for an unbeliveable price. She then made her own pilows for the chairs for a beautiful comfy front porch! My " blog friend" "There's no place like home" showed me how to use a simple basket to make a beautiful tray to have for a Springtime lunch! I had a white tray like that I will now use her idea! ha


Decorating can be fun but it can also be inexpensive. Be creative and let me know what you come up with?




1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

Mmm! We used to have a lilac bush by our front door growing up. I always loved that smell. I love getting decorating ideas from you all! Jenny is good at that also.
-Rebekah