RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, May 29, 2008

PERSONAL CARE....SUMMER SCHEDULE

SUMMER MORNINGS

MAKING BREAKFAST/PLAN SUPPER


DOING LAUNDRY


I told in my last blog about my "Summer Schedule". I also told of how I do my Bible devotions time each day. This time I will share about my everyday schedule.


Because it is summertime it does not mean dishes will not get dirty; laundry will be put on hold; floors have the dust and dirt just blow away out the door or everyone just leaves and goes on vacation! Wouldn't that be great? But.......... starting when my children were young we would get up early and everyone would have their chores and make it fun and clean up as fast as we could to be able to enjoy the outdoor summer sun!


Now that they are grown I keep that idea by getting up early; and doing my regular schedule everyday. Up; dressed; make breakfast for my husband and I; devotions; make bed; wipe down bathroom; put load of laundry in; plan dinner and maybe even set out; and tidy up anything else that is needed. I also make a "small list" of things ( I would forget) such as water flowers; water garden; make phone call; or do whatever needs tended to that day.


But........what if you are ill; or someone in your home falls ill; or you have to go help your husband; or your child needs run to an activity and so on and so on. BE FLEXIBLE! A dear friend of mine told me once that "you have a schedule set to follow each day" but learn to be flexible and yield to Gods plan for that day.


Summer is a fun time. Sunshine; picnics; baseball games; or cookouts. But that also can mean more work; later hours; housework that gets behind; and more in our 24 hour day. Having a daily schedule keeps us on track no matter what else comes into our lives. Don't be discouraged if your days are diverted for a while into other important things. Having a "summer plan" helps me to at least look ahead and have ideas.


In my daily schedule I try and plan a dinner each night. I keep it upon the fridge. It helps me to not worry about what to eat. But then on baseball night ; I plan a b"dinner in a Basket" ( my sister Barbara taught me); or my husband may change his mind and we grab a bite afterward.


Enjoy your "summer days"! If you (like me) feel things are running round and round, go back to your schedule and "just do the next thing". I have to keep in mind "Gods ways are not always my ways".




No comments: