CELEBRATING AT TOYS R US HER FIRST
BIRTHDAY ON NOVEMBER 2
MY SILVER TREE AGAINST THE BLUE SKY
PSALM 119:18 "OPEN THOU MINE EYES, THAT I MAY BEHOLD WONDROUS THINGS OUT OF THY LAW."
This has been a busy week full of good things. Cleaning, visiting; my daughter sharing her lessons learned in her nursing class ; laughing ; working hard and anticipating our granddaughters first birthday.
Wednesday morning I looked out at the back lawn and noticed it needed one more mowing for this year. The weather was just beautiful with the crisp blue skies but as I pushed the mower back and forth my back began to hurt. I had to stop and pick up sticks; and my arms began to weaken. The lawn seemed to grow larger and larger. My spirit was becoming more and more begrudging as I did this chore. Back and forth I went complaining inside when I suddenly noticed gray bark pieces strewn among the pine leaves. I looked UP to see where these small gray bark pieces came from and I saw this beautiful SILVER tree! Now the tree was really while and gray and half in the neighbors yard but as I looked UP I beheld the beauty of Gods gift for this complaining woman! Oh..............how I thanked HIM and asked his forgiveness for my attitude. What a gift.............a beautiful SILVER tree against the crisp blue sky!!
The next day my daughter asked if I would go and help her return something with her .
We stopped at Toys R Us because she had a little coupon for a free birthday gift and we needed
to look at the store for something. The gift was a simple balloon and birthday hat! As grandma
strolled around the store she wore her little hat and LOVED that balloon pulling and tugging on it all the way. Again............God reminding me how the simplest things bring us joy!
Each day truly is a gift from God. It may not be something exciting or even expensive but if we would open our eyes.............we may be surprised at His gift for us!
1 comment:
It really is true - God's blessings come in the littlest packages!! My blog entry for today is my small blessings from the Lord!
Post a Comment