RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, October 13, 2008

THOUGHTS..... PROSPERITY


THOUGHTS......PROSPERITY

Psalm 30: 6- " And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved."

I have been reading about the life of Susanna Wesley. As I was reading Psalm 30 I began to underline many of the verses but the verse that stood out among them was verse 6. And the word that I seemed to fix on again and again was the word "Prosperity". With all the talk of the economy and gas and food prices I just cant help to think we are living in a day where all our "Prosperity" is shaken.

But as this verse points out. It says........ "I shall never me moved"! I can think of the many times in my husbands and my life how we could have been shaken in our faith! Times on top of the mountain and then life all of a sudden tumbling down where we could have barley peeked out amist the rocks. But.............I am thankful our God did not move thus our faith did not move!

I have been reading on the life of a women who lived through many adversities but she focused on the One who allowed it and placed 100 percent of her dependence on the all-sufficient One!

Here are some thoughts I have gathered from her life:

. She handed all of life's burdens over to her "Burden Bearer".

. She concentrated on the rearing of her children and concern for the generation to come.

. In spite of many obstacles, Susanna kept the promise that she made at the wedding alter and lived out her God-assigned role.

. She could not control all the circumstances of her life, but she would work together with God for each day.

. She could concentrate on creating a loving, peaceful, and happy home.

. She said " I am content to fill a little space if God be glorified".

. She could not allow herself to become sidetracked because she was in a battle for her children's
souls. She purposed to instruct them and teach them in the right way.

. She had a far nobler calling than women of her day.

. Adversity adversity came into her life, yet her mind was fixed on giving her children a Godly heritage.

. She did not have to answer how well others played their roles in life, but she knew someday she would give an account for how well she played her role and how well she responded to what God allowed in her life. " So then every one of use shall give account of himself to God" Romans 14:12.

. Her focus was not on the temporal , but on the eternal. Therefore, her God was faithful to provide for her all the days of her life.

I pray I can ; as Susanne Wesley did; and focus on the eternal and His prosperity in my life.

3 comments:

Kimallen said...

Wow this is so good Nancy. So true we will not give account for others. I am going to check out this book. Thanks for sharing.

Rebekah Tastet said...

What great lessons for us all! What a great lady of God to learn from!

Kelly said...

She was truly a Godly woman, as you are also! And I thank you for posting this, it is all truth!

Have a great day....

((hugs))
kelly

( been a little brisk this morning in our neck of the woods huh? )