I am so glad to finally have gotten my "tests" done today. Last weeks "stress test" was incomplete because the cardiologist needed pictures. So today my good husband took me again and we were there for 4 1/2 hours for me to complete my test. ... We will know in 3-5 days if there is a need for further things to be done..........
My granddaughter and I were sitting out on my rockersjust having a "grand ole time" when I noticed she would
get down; run over to the flowerbed and laugh and I would
then laugh at her. She would then run back and get into
the rocker and rock and make sure I was looking at her
and break into laughter again.......I loved this!! But...when
it was time for us to go in and do something else she became
(lets say) very distraught.........She wanted HER way and it
to be all about her and her needs...Now I know she is the
sweetest girl but I gently led her to go with me and follow
my way..................
These past few weeks as I have woken each day the "thoughts"quickly became about me and my "heart" and how I felt each
day........There were those that advised me to "get away" from
it all at a bed and breakfast or elsewhere. Good advise but
not always feasible.........
I had time to rest ( which was good) but also moretime to think of myself.............
I know God took these times to show me lessons
and things of the heart........but I had to be careful
to "think it was all about me"..................That may
sound kind of cruel when your ill but its true....
Its about God and His ways and his path He has
chosen....I have observed several different people
lately with terminal illnesses. They cant think about
themselves all the time...They have OTHERS...
God has put into our paths our husbands; children; family;and others that need our love; encouragement; or listening
ear....But you say " What about me and my needs?" ...
My God is big enough to know all my needs. He knowsmy heart; my life and His path. Do I love when others
care about me with prayer; cards; or gifts of love? Oh
yes I really love that But.........thats not my purpose here.
Its to take what HE gives me and give out to others no
matter what I think I need or what I receive...........
In fact, when I think about others; I tend to forget about
all my cares............
God wants His best for me.................I want the best for my sweet granddaughter.
God gives to me to give to others.............I want to take what I was taught and teach to her.
God has given me a life for Him............God has given my granddaughter a life and and purpose to do great things . She has already blessed her grandpa and I.
I want to try ( and it isnt easy) to remember "its not all about me" but about Him
who has given this wonderful life.........
4 comments:
you are a wonderful lady and i'm looking forward to hearing about your test results!
I have to agree. I am constantly having to remind self that it is not about me. I repeat over and over..."I must decrease, but He must increase." I joined Spirit Jump.blogspot.com so that I could bless others. Because when I focus on me I become depressed, discouraged, and distressed...not a good thing! God has been using my affliction to teach me so much about Himself, and how satan has absolutely no power...none! Only what God or I allow him to have...love it!
I really enjoy reading your blog, though I am not able to come every day. You have such a cutie pie cupcake of a grand-delight. May God bless you! You are in my prayers concerning your test results.
Shalom, Paula
Very true. We love you so take good care of yourself!
Nancy, I am glad to hear that everything is going to be OK.. Love, Deb
Post a Comment