
I enjoy making homemade cards from time to time. I enjoy some scrapbooking but using things I have like bits of ribbon; papers; and even buttons.... I want my card to say something about the person...or to the person for whom it is given. Reading ""Journal for Women" blog reminded me of the days when my husband and I were dating and I made up a large "scrapbook" of all the things we did together. I would put places we would go; tidbits of brochures; pictures of him and I; and "tape" even a small daises he gave to me on a bike ride to the page........It was our memories!!!
It seems as some marriages grow older we begin to turn what was sweet to us before into: Why did he buy all that ______ when he knows we wont use it all?; or Why does he talk so loud?; or Why does he want to go to that place to eat ?...........All of these things used to be fun to do or you thought he was cute doing them........
God is so good in that He gives to us each a "New Day" to begin with.......Whatever you thought................YOU wanted or DESERVED in your life may or may not have ever come true.
And...........YOU may be sitting there waiting and waiting for it to someday happen. There are even some that may say I am done with waiting for what I want. I want to begin again with someone else............I want to encourage YOU to "MAKE NEW MEMORIES" with the one God gave to you and knew that you were the best one for them.
Here was an idea I heard through a friend who's family was going through a hard time. The advice was to "MAKE NEW MEMORIES" by taking new pictures and making a scrapbooks. I thought this was a great idea..........So the friend did just that and took many pictures of her and her hubby and her family on a vacation they took together. Her husband loved the pictures and she began to renew a "new love" for her situation and they now have a new relationship.
Three simple ideas:
1. Ask God to give you a renewed love for whomever.......
2. Take pictures of you both in all your activities ( it doesnt have to be a vacation); this can work well with a child also that may be feeling low.......
. 3. Proudly display these in a nice made scrapbook or have a favorite photo printed to fit a nice black and white frame in your rooms............
2 comments:
Great thoughts...we all need to work on our marriages like this!
What wonderful ideas and thoughts!
I love the quote on your sidebar from Margaret Jensen's fabulous book called *First, We Have Coffe* -- it's one of my favourites!
You mentioned being interested in learning more about your family tree so I wanted to let you know about my home-based small business where I do just that :o)
http://countryheartsgenealogy.blogspot.com/
Blessings!
Post a Comment