RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, June 7, 2010

MAKING STRAWBERRY JAM AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.....COMFORT FOOD

Today I was surprised that I was caught up with most of my Monday work so I had time to
do some extra things........The weather was beautifully cool and sunny and I had my windows open to let the warm breezes drift patter open the curtains........
I found out this weekend my mom is not well at all. She must go into the hospital Tuesday morning for tests and probably some surgery. She is alot of pain and this could be quiet serious.
So........I will be going out of town this afternoon to spend time with her and my sister......

I wanted to leave my husband something nice to remind him I really miss him so I decided
to take my pint of strawberries and some sugar and lemon and make some "strawberry jam"
for him to enjoy on his english muffin.
The kitchen smelled so good and this was so simple to make a few batches for him to enjoy....
I made three little jars full and had a little leftover ; so I put it in a pretty little bowl to enjoy
over some ice cream...............
I hope he enjoys a "little jam" and knows I am thinking of him and missing him while I am gone.... I will miss our baseball games together and just being together. I left him little notes hidden all around also and put some of his favorite snack foods and have meals he'll enjoy...
Next, I made a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies. Neither my hubby or I really
can eat these but this is for a thank you for a friend who gave us some items that they no longer
needed so we could in turn give them to someone who was in a need for them....Isnt it a blessing
to be able to pass along another blessing for someone......( i think so and am thankful God wanted
to use us for this)
My daughter Ruthie is the best chocolate chip cookie maker in our family so I just followed
her recipe and her notes.............................She has blessed so many making these delicious treats...
I just love the aroma of the cookies baking also. I wore my Vera Bradley Apron my daughter
Becky gave me for mothers day this year. I love wearing aprons......I have a shelf with pegs filled with various kinds. They remind me so much of my mother who lived in the 1940's and wore
many aprons then..............
Delicious simple treats that just say Comfort to your day...........** my recipe for the cookies
are on my side blog...............

3 comments:

Rebekah Tastet said...

Hope all goes well with your mom! I really want to try your strawberry jam recipe now! :)

Rebekah Tastet said...

Do you have your recipe for the jam on your blog somewhere? I would love to try it. :)

Nancy M. said...

Hi Rebekah,

Im at the hospital now. My mom
is doing pretty well. Thank you.

The recipe is from Barefoot Contessa Fresh Strawberry Jam..
its the one with fruit; lemon; and sugar. I have used Splenda before also and it also went well...
I did cook it for a while longer
and did the "test" jam on a plate in the freezer trick.
take care,
mrs.musser