RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, June 3, 2010

OPEN THE DOOR........AND BRIGHTEN THE CORNER WHERE YOU ARE.....MY NEW FRIEND "HELENA".........

I stand amazed of how God just leads us where He wants each of us to be used for Him.........

Everyone has a place. Sometimes we may feel I am just a "
nobody"........doing the same humday
things each and everyday........But we are never a "nobody to God". We are special to Him and He loves each of us like we love our own child........

The other day I was summing up some loose ends of a very busy day for me. I had to run by
the grocery and pick up some last minute things....As I pulled into the lot I noticed it had begun to rain.......I quickly gathered my list and with my feet in pressed position I was going toward my goal of these items in order to be home and finish my supper...

As I went to the entryway, I looked at two women coming out of the exit. I noticed one was
a older woman using a cane and carrying several tight plastic bags around her wrist...I thought to myself she must be with her daughter or something ( just go in) Something..........stopped me.....

I then noticed the other woman left and went to her car and the older woman began shuffling down the sidewalk. I acted like I was going her way for a moment and then struck up a conversation in order not to startle her.........She told me she was so "dumb" and had bought too many things. I said " Where is your car" I can help you take these items to it".........

" Oh I live over there as she pointed to a nearby hospital"......"Over there across that busy road and I looked at her wrist now pulled up to hold the items. " May I walk with you?" I asked.
Then........I found out her name was "Helena". " What a beautiful name I told her"...........
I took her bags and we walked oh so slow in the drizzle upon our heads. ...........She told me of
her husband who she dearly loved and had died. She told me of how she came to America many years ago.............She talked of a full life but now she just enjoyed where God had put her now...

As we arrived at her "home" near the hospital a nurse took her on to her room. I told her I would see her and come over to visit her again.........." She gave me a sweet sweet compliment"
I told her it was my pleasure. ...and it was..........To Brighten Someones Day when life can get so busy.............To be available when its not always convenient..............Comes back to you fully........

Dr. Jack Hyles used to say on His radio broadcast " Be kind to everyone because everyone has had a tough day"----I like that and am thankful.

4 comments:

JeanMac said...

New friends in in likely places - thanks for helping her.

Paula said...

What a good reminder of the importance of reaching out to others as we go about our day.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

This is beautiful Nancy. You are beautiful Nancy ♥.

Rebekah Tastet said...

My mom used to sing this song to us...Brighten the corner where you are...:)